How many of you use the S-Video Cable?

I use the S-Video Cable, sinc my TV is compitable with it.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Good for you? If you're on an HDTV, don't use S-Video...

Nope, got an HDTV, would like to use HDMI, but headsets like turtle beach require you to use component

[quote user="l Archvile l"]

Nope, got an HDTV, would like to use HDMI, but headsets like turtle beach require you to use component

[/quote]

No, you can buy the HDMI Audio Adapter for Xbox 360. Plug in both the Audio adapter and HDMI cable (Audio Adapter is made SLIM enough to fit with an HDMI cable)

Oh yes, that would work. But I also have a surround sound receiver, and lol I have filled it with hdmi cables, so the xbox is stuck with component :P

[quote user="l Archvile l"]

Oh yes, that would work. But I also have a surround sound receiver, and lol I have filled it with hdmi cables, so the xbox is stuck with component :P

[/quote]

I'm sure your receiver has an Optical S/PDIF port on it and you can use both the HDMI and Optical Audio cable at the same time. But its your choice if you want to use the lower quality cables. There's no difference between the HDMI and Optical Audio cable in terms of sound quality. Both can easily do Dolby Digital 5.1 and that's the best the Xbox 360 can output.