How long have you been playing games and what is your favourite game type?

Hello everyone just wondering how long have you been playing games, what got you into games and what is your favourite type of game.

-

I myself have been playing games for over 25 years since the days of the spectrum 48k (anyone remember that) i didn't actually experience a console till the sega megadrive it was all spectrum and amiga 500 back then. since the days of playing on the megadrive we then got a snes and every other popular console (no neo geo, 3do, cdi, jaguar etc)  i kinda just grew up with games nothing in particular started my liking of videogames. i can't really say what my favourite type of video games are these days its a mixture of driving rpg fighting action adventure. But most of my life i have liked fighting games the final fight type and the street fighter type. 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[quote user="gooslaps goop"]

Hello everyone just wondering how long have you been playing games, what got you into games and what is your favourite type of game.[/quote]

30ish years.

started with breakout on console and my favourite type of game is most all types.

[quote user="LoftyBee"]

[quote user="ReaganSmash1994"]

I have just remembered, I do miss Destruction Derby for Ps1. One of the only games, other than the first two Need For Speeds to get me slightly interested in cars...then destroying them.

[/quote]

Have you checked out the Dirt Showdown demo mate, this reminded me alot of the first Destruction Derby and Flatout UC! Hopefully come the 25th it will be just as much fun as these two games!

I remember the days well of playing DD1 though, me and my mate had a copy each, we bought a link lead and on alot of nights it was a case of one of us lugging our TV around to the other ones house, great times :)

[/quote]

I'm going to have to look into it, sounds great!
That was the best thing about the earlier consoles, playing in one room with a group of mates. Winner stays on etc. Great times, notably at its peak when I used to play Timesplitters 1

My first gaming experience was the Commodore 64 back in 1983-84, I was only about 5 at the time.  Been playing games ever since.  I still play old games, mostly via emulators on my PC.  I even use my wired Xbox 360 pad!  I'm also a regular subscriber to Retro Gamer Magazine, keeps the nostalgia flowing nicely.

My favourite games are war strategy tiles.  There aren't many of these for the consoles, so I mainly play them on PC.  Although I have been trying to teach my mate how to play Command & Conquer 3 on the Xbox, he's got a long way to go.  I've been playing C&C games since the late 90's!

Since the early to mid seventies, like others I started on Pong and never really stopped, I can remember lots of different things too, Kiss and Space Invader Pinball machines, Pacman in the arcades, and tons more,

Favourite game type is tough to call, as an all round gaming junkie anything goes, probably pinball followed closely by FPS and hack and slash / general action games.

Since 1972 when I first played Pong aged 6 :O) ....had just about every singel home console and computer system since then until now. Pong introduced me to gaming, ZX80 in kit form, that you built yourself, introduced me into computing. I've never stopped since then. Gaming is in in my blood.

Very early 90's from the NES upwards. Had every console after that.

-

Gears of War series is my favorite game. 3 in particular.  

Since i was 5 in 95 i had a mastersystem as for fave game type couldnt say although i will say i was a fan of the dreamcast era and i loved the saturn

My first played game was pong when it arrived in our local pub between 1978-1980, cant remember the exact date, fav game would be chrono cross.

[quote user="ReaganSmash1994"]

I have just remembered, I do miss Destruction Derby for Ps1. One of the only games, other than the first two Need For Speeds to get me slightly interested in cars...then destroying them.

[/quote]

Have you checked out the Dirt Showdown demo mate, this reminded me alot of the first Destruction Derby and Flatout UC! Hopefully come the 25th it will be just as much fun as these two games!

I remember the days well of playing DD1 though, me and my mate had a copy each, we bought a link lead and on alot of nights it was a case of one of us lugging our TV around to the other ones house, great times :)