How long do AA batteries last in the Xbox One controller?

Picking up the Titanfall bundle at midnight and have been checking out a few Xbox One reviews. One review I read talked about how good battery life is in the controller and how they were unable to deplete two AA batteries even after a week of regular usage.. how accurate is this? I'm going away for the week next week and planned on taking my Xbox One with me however would rather not spend any more money on a play and charge kit if I can help it. I've got six brand new duracell ultra power batteries, think that'll last me 7 days of regular usage? 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 632 Applies to:

Yeah they should last you. I use cheap panasonic batteries and they last a fair while. I have used duracell and been able to play for a long long time before swapping them out.

Reckon that'll last you but i do recommend the play & charge kit,one charge lasts ages.

I just use rechargeable aa batteries and they last about 4 days

Before i have  to swap out for fresh ones.

[quote user="aiBreeze"]

Picking up the Titanfall bundle at midnight and have been checking out a few Xbox One reviews. One review I read talked about how good battery life is in the controller and how they were unable to deplete two AA batteries even after a week of regular usage.. how accurate is this? 

[/quote]

From my experience I would say that guy is lying through his teeth!

I was on standard Duracells with my Day 1 edition and my battery life was a week.

In the end I bought some rechargeable batteries that I have on a rotation system.

Play & Charge kit or rechhargeables are definatly the way to go.

Az

Battery life will also depend on if you are using a headset or not. I use AA's, have been for a while now, even on the 360, usually get a week out of them if im on a lot. I buy em in bulk from ebay btw.

Rechargables last me about a week on everyday use.