How Likely Is It Halo 2 will Be Remade For The 360?

Ok, so I know the achievements are attainable on the PC (I even have some) , but alot of people, myself included, would like to see this game remade or indeed ported from the PC version. Now, how likely do you reckon this will be? A Summer 2012 release? between 4 & 5? Who knows, whats your view? personally, I feel If their gonna do it, they should do it before Halo 4.

Cheers

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

44%

considering how well HALO CE Anniversary was received, I can see HALO 2 getting the same treatment on its anniversary, but you wont see it till that ten year mark, and not before Halo 4. I would be surprised indeed, if it wasnt announced in the next 18 months, but Halo 4 will be their main focus for now

Yeah i suppose, Maybe a bonus for Halo 5? That would be good. wouldnt happen though.

If its done, it will be done in the same way HALO CE Anniversary was done, a special retail release at a reduced price...but i wouldnt get your hopes up until something is announced, but I would say its more likely then not

I've never understood the desire people have for remakes.

Well in Halo's case, it means having every game playable on the 360, and even the Halo CE remake was a great example of a ten year old game having a richer and deeper SP then current FPS games combined...it looked good, was a nice touch for those who remembered the original game for those not old enough to experience it, getting to see where the series first started

Every Halo game is playable on the 360, Halo 2 is on the compatibility list, or do you mean playable online?

-

The online would just be 'updated' to what Reach uses (or maybe Halo 4), the online portion would essentially be a map-pack as with in the Halo CE remake, so really you'd just be getting a new coat of paint on the single player.

-

So no, I still don't get the desire for remakes.

I should think with the success of Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary they will also go on to remake Halo 2, they also did say if there was enough fans that wanted it they would listen.

then clearly the remakes arent aimed at you as a customer, but for halo fans looking to enjoy their fav games in glorious updated HD visuals and sound then its a great thing to have..especially when current games are so stale in comparison

The thing is that when does it stop? When the next Xbox is out are people going to be wanting these games remade again to take advantage of what the new system can do?

-

It's not as if I don't enjoy old games, I just enjoy them for what they are instead of wanting to force them into the modern day, which inevitably ends up with them being changed.

-

Just going back to Halo 2. One of the things it got most of its praise for was the online, since that would essentially just be a 'map-pack' for the most recent Halo game (whether Reach or 4) you'd be cutting the heart out of it.