How good does Dead island look!!!

Now I know I'm gonna get shot down with that title, but I think it looks brilliant!! I'm a big fan of zombie games and there's only a few good ones out there at the moment that i can think of. This feels like its gonna be another great zombie game i could get stuck into. The way id describe it would be a cross between FarCry2 with its open world and tropical environment and L4D. Trouble is buy this or Batman? Grrrrr hard to decide i like the look of them just the same but which one is better? Anybody know the release date for both? x x

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

To me it looks really good. I don't know if any of you have played the first 2 Crysis games on PC. But it looks like they have taken the gameplay straight out of Crysis. Witch is good as the gameplay was pretty good on Crysis 1 and Warhead.

Looking forward to it. I wonder with Dead Island coming out this year. Valve will announce Left 4 Dead 3 at E3?

[quote user="Tastyzulu"]

[quote user="Azrael008uk"]

You remember when Rockstar showed EA how to do their "Need 4 Speed" games properly?

It looks like these guys are going to teach Valve how to make "Left 4 Dead".

Az

[/quote]

Valve's Left 4 Dead was an excellent game.

The trailer for Dead Island was brilliant. The gameplay videos put me off it unfortunately. Looked quite dated to me visually and the gameplay didnt do anything for me either.

Im still hoping they can hook me in once its released, but its not looking good tbh.

[/quote]

I agree, i had high hopes for this game but after watching the gameplay nothing got me excited about it at all.

It does look a lot better than L4D2 and Dead Rising 2. Really looking forward to this one. But I truly hope it does not contain any dam time limits, they just destroy an open world type game for me. I want to explore, that rush from point A to point B constantly.

Just need zombie batman and will be fine then=D

also a big fan of zombie game they will be getting realesed at the end of 2011 I have been playing Batman realsontly found it very fun and full of ridlers puzzles.

Get rid of the silly electrified weapons! Then it won't be too bad.

From what i've seen it doesn't look that spectacular and its all been done before! To me its a first person dead rising!

[quote user="Tastyzulu"]

[quote user="Azrael008uk"]

You remember when Rockstar showed EA how to do their "Need 4 Speed" games properly?

It looks like these guys are going to teach Valve how to make "Left 4 Dead".

Az

[/quote]

Valve's Left 4 Dead was an excellent game.

The trailer for Dead Island was brilliant. The gameplay videos put me off it unfortunately. Looked quite dated to me visually and the gameplay didnt do anything for me either.

Im still hoping they can hook me in once its released, but its not looking good tbh.

[/quote]

Yeah Left4Dead was brilliant. I don't think Dead Island will teach anyone anything new about Zombie games.

This is actually one of my most anticipated games this year. I love the open world aspect, it looks like crysis 1 but with zombies. Defo a day one purchase.

[quote user="Major Haphazard"]

Rockstar showed Ea how to make Need FOr Speed?... please dont say  you mean midnight club :s

Looks good, but zombies are the new WWII - and LEFT4DEAD is/was a great game and i hope this is good also

[/quote]

EA was losing it's way with "Need 4 Speed" and Rockstar's showed them how to do a better job with "Midnight Club".

It was essentially "Here, why don't we show  you how to make your own game".

"Left 4 Dead" was a great game.

"L42" added the ability to play as Uncle Phil.

Zombies can be great fun if it's done right.

"Dead Island" is looking good so far.

Az