How does Xbox live banning work? I've confused myself.

Well, the super bowl was yesterday, and I left my Xbox on accisentaly overnight to go to a mediokre party. It wasn't mid-game or anything, it was just sitting on the matchmaking menue of halo reach. I came home from class to find that I had left it on, and that it told me that I was not allowed to use Xbox live. Now I know I wasn't baned before I left, so I'm wondering if sitting on the menue screen somehow was against the rules.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 51 Applies to:

Did you recieve a message stating you were banned from XBL or from Halo Reach? If from XBL, what did it say exactly? If from Halo Reach then you would need to inquire with the Game Developer since they handle game specific bans/suspensions.

And no, you can't get banned just from sitting in a lobby for an 'x' amount of time.

If you were banned from XBL then you would not be able to post here since you use the same login credentials here as you do for the console.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Sitting in a lobby or leaving your Xbox on with your account logged in no was violates the Xbox LIVE code of conduct. If there was any action taken against your account last night by the XBLPET then it would have been a previous action that they are processing at that moment in time.

Reiterating what Temhot has just said, if this was a ban specifically from Halo: Reach then you need to contact 343 Industries to get more information or a remedy of the ban.

If your account was banned from Xbox LIVE by the PET you can post here about your ban: forums.xbox.com/.../41.aspx

If your account was banned from Halo: Reach by 343 Industries you can check out their forums for a ban appeal area:

halo.xbox.com/.../yaf_topics14_Halo--Reach.aspx

You may want to try logging on again to confirm a ban or suspension from either.

Sorry this didn't help.

From the account you're posting from?

If so you're silver/free which doesn't normally have access to multiplayer, but this past weeked was a Free Gold Weekend which allowed everyone to play multiplayer. To continue playing online you'll need to subscribe to XBL Gold.

Sorry this didn't help.

Ah, thanks sevendead. Now I can just go back to being pissed off at microsoft and playing quake.

Sorry this didn't help.