How do you get to lobby from Halo Reach?

I'm in a catch 22.  I want to install Halo Reach on my hard drive, but the instant I put the disc into the console it automatically starts.  Once the game has started, I cannot quit the game so I can get back to the lobby and install on my hard drive.  I'm about to throw the damn thing through a window, can anybody save me a few grand and tell me what I'm missing here?

Thanks!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Once the game has started you should be able to press the guide button on your controller and go to the Dashboard from there.

As far as the disc starting automatically, I believe in the System Settings there's an area for Startup and you can check to make sure it's set so the game doesn't start automatically.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you for your help, I think I did every other button combination (including a long push on the guide button!) with no love.  As a side note, do you know if I'm allowed to use the single Halo Reach disc on my 2 360 consoles at the same time for in-house multiplayer?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm not sure about that one. I don't play Halo. But it should mention on the case if it can be used for that.

Sorry this didn't help.