How do Repairs work?

I submitted a "repair" because I purchased an Xbox that worked all of 2 days before the drive failed. I can't find any information on the repair process. All I know is that my "Replacement Console Shipped", as indicated on my Repair Status page. Two steps in the future is "Console Shipped Out (Your console should be returned to you within 2-3 weeks of the day you ship it.)" Now I'm confused. If I'm having a replacement immediately shipped to me, and I'm shipping my paper weight back, why would I want it returned to me in 2-3 weeks? Is there a more elaborate definition of each step in the process or an explanation as to what is going on? 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Usually they will turn up with a replacement unit within a few days up to a week depending on backlog and take your old unit at the same time, if that is the case then that is it, there will be nothing more to do, if they take your unit back for repair only, then that is when it can take 2 - 3 weeks to be returned to you.

please let me know how you get on.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

[quote user="Chris is drunk"]I submitted a "repair" because I purchased an Xbox that worked all of 2 days before the drive failed.[/quote]Why would you submit a repair? Why didn't you exchange it with your retailer?

If you haven't shipped the console yet, don't. You should exchange it at your retailer for a new replacement.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="IceStorm III"]

[quote user="Chris is drunk"]I submitted a "repair" because I purchased an Xbox that worked all of 2 days before the drive failed.[/quote]Why would you submit a repair? Why didn't you exchange it with your retailer?

If you haven't shipped the console yet, don't. You should exchange it at your retailer for a new replacement.

[/quote]

It never ceases to amaze me that people don't remember to do this. @OP-most stores offer an extended in store warranty for very little, you should inquire about the one that store offers and consider purchasing it.

Sorry this didn't help.

Greetings, Chris. You can find information about console repairs (including turnaround times) in this support article titled "How to get your Xbox product repaired". Hope this helps!

Sorry this didn't help.