How Do People Make New XBL Friends?

Party chat has made it nearly impossible. Unless you are playing a game where communication is absolutely necessary for victory, no one ever speaks. Everyone stays in their own party chats, so the only place where I find new people to play with are games like Left 4 Dead or Madden 3 vs 3 team play. I wish they would make more games like Modern Warfare 2 where it forces you to be in game chat, and not just in Search and Destroy, I mean in ALL game modes. I loved it. You could trash talk and meet new people. I understand the necessity for party chat. I just wish there was some option you could turn on that lets you search for people who maybe aren't in a party chat. Party chat has just made playing Xbox Live by yourself completely horrible.  

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Im new here on XBL tough for me to make friends

Always be in Game Chat you will make Friends fast or enemies.

wow, this thread sure came back from the dead but i'll bite since all the others are fairly similar....

i don't like chatting with strangers for the many reasons people have said ...obnoxious talking, humming, background music, fighting with their sibling or parents, etc. you end up muting them which is about 85-90% of the people i encounter which defeats the purpose of chatting. and if you decide you don't want to chat, they end up kicking you off the game and writing a bad review. Or if you're simply not as good as they hoped they kick you off too. Too bad there aren't any lobbies for rookies that would allow us to progress at our own pace without everyone picking you off cause you're the lowest ranked so the whole thing ends up being more of a nuisance having to go through all that and as an older gamer i just don't bother...

Anyhow; the friends i have accepted i think i have only played once with them (outside of my real friends); which is why I have been on a silver account for about a month now. If they were to implement an age group on Live then i would consider turning on my mic during games...but for now, i don't miss it.

transform

Play gamemodes that require in-game chat. (search and destroy) That seems to be the best was. And have fun don't make it no fun for others playing.

I just hate it when i join a lobby in GTA 4 and get spammed by lvl 0 players with party chat requests, private chat requests and friend requests. If i get 2 of any of those within 30 secs i "Block Communication" That being said i usually hav my mic in and can hear what the game chat channel is saying anyway. So if they weren't in a party and were just in normal game chat the cld communicate with me fine... Till their voice becomes annoying or they start trolln and goading ppl into being nasty to each other. I usually just mute them then... I find it usually happens when Americans encounter someone from a dif country or region. Especially ppl from the UK, France or Mexico. They just get into screaming matches instantly. I usually keep my mouth shut (Im Aussie) and just listen and laugh till it becomes too racist or derogatory.

With Halo and other fps' I tend to not play them until i hav my irl friends on and we can get a team going. Then we r in party chat so that we can talk unhindered by what anyone else thinks or says. We make our gaming experience about fun positive times between friends, rather than troll and pay out anyone that is worse than us or just having a bad day. I will never understand the need to gloat or act like a w*nker. Just not cool.

yeah get off it lol

[quote user="Kuamy"]

[quote user="noboundz"]No, what's 'crazy' is not knowing how to make friends...[/quote]

What are you talking about? I know how to make friends. I am just saying it was a lot easier before party chat. Now a vast majority of people on my friends list are people I meet in games where communication is virtually mandatory to win the game unless you are playing against idiots, or from these forums. In many of the games I play, I still see many people using teamwork even though they arent talking. In Gears I see people stick together to make killing the opposing team much easier. In COD, I see even more teamwork. Maybe you are having bad luck, but when I play Domination in MW3, I always have people that jump on flags and use perks that help out the team like vests or the recon drone.

[/quote]

I was talking about your thread.

-

And to answer your question...

[quote user="Kuamy"]How else are you going to win objective style games without teamwork?[/quote]

Quite simple, really. If it's an objective-based game, everyone works towards the objective... but 'individually' would be the key word, not as some uniform group. If you've had matches like that, where everyone worked as one, then congratulations. That's awesome.

-

I couldn't really comment on CoD or Gears, but I've never been in a match where communication was 'mandatory' in Reach. Yeah, it would be nice to warn players... to get some cooperation going, but that's not going to happen (nor is it likely to be happening on the other team). Yet... it's still possible to win. There's an objective. Everyone knows what it is, and everyone can work towards it. So no, I don't find people generally care about 'team work' so much as they care about their own part in the match...whether that's trying for the objective, or protecting their K/D.

I don't make new friends, everyone on my list have been there since the first week i got XBL, which was when it was released in the UK about 9 years ago...

[quote user="noboundz"]No, what's 'crazy' is not knowing how to make friends...[/quote]

What are you talking about? I know how to make friends. I am just saying it was a lot easier before party chat. Now a vast majority of people on my friends list are people I meet in games where communication is virtually mandatory to win the game unless you are playing against idiots, or from these forums. In many of the games I play, I still see many people using teamwork even though they arent talking. In Gears I see people stick together to make killing the opposing team much easier. In COD, I see even more teamwork. Maybe you are having bad luck, but when I play Domination in MW3, I always have people that jump on flags and use perks that help out the team like vests or the recon drone.

[quote user="HotMama538"]

Ok so I'm so very new to all this, how do you get in to play with other people?

[/quote]You send them a Freind Request and if they accept, you can message them when or what do you want to play.