How do I verify my primary alias to change my email when I don't have access to that old email anymore?

I have been pulling my hair out on the phone with support trying to figure this out.

My Microsoft account is over 10 years old. I no longer have access to the primary email address linked to it. It is an SBCglobal.net email. They don't even exist anymore.

I can't add another new current email to change it to my primary without verifying my old one. But like I said, I can't access it. I have been signing it to my account on my Xbox for years without even thinking about changing that email. I have the password to my account, and should have another email and my cell phone linked to it also, but can't do anything until I verify through that stupid email.

Do I have any options? I'm sure we should be able to verify my identify through some other means. HELP. 

Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Other option is to wait for 30 days. Log in your account to account.live.com. Go to your info then go to manage email and phone. You should be getting a page "Help us protect your account" Choose I don't have any of these and that will let you add an email. Once you added an email your account will be locked for 30 days. During that period, you can use the account on xbox but you cannot make any changes on it. After 30 days, you can try to change the email again. That should now give you an option to send the  verification to the email that you added. Once you verified, it will now let you change your Main Email for your gamertag.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

When I click on manage email and phone, I get brought to a screen that says "Manage your account aliases" where it wants me to verify my primary email before I can do anything. That's the one I don't have access to. There is no button for "Help us protect your account".

Sorry this didn't help.

You try a different browser Moonshine180.

Sorry this didn't help.