how do i transfsfer the "system items"?

ok so i just transfered my 20gb to my new 25gb HDD (the OLD HDD's NOT the S or S xbox) and as far as i know everything was transfered BUT a few of the "SYSTEM ITEMS". it only shows the "rights database" and "video bookmark data" after the transfer, and when i looked on my OLD 20gb HDD it shows "marketplace data"  "optional media update" and "video bookmark data".

what does this mean? can i not use the arcade games and dlc i got from the market place while on the 20gb HDD? how do i get this onto my new HDD? or does this mean nothing and is an obsoleate piece of data now?

someone please help me.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Those pieces of data that did not transfer will both be redownloaded and or need redownloaded to that new HDD as for the files that did transfer those are the ones needed to access any currently downloaded content that you may have purchased from the marketplace. However if you would like, you could use a USB Flash Drive to transfer that content off the old HDD on to the new HDD, but in all cases you do not need those files. .

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

so what your saying i do not need the "marketplace data" file on my new HDD at all for everything to work fine?

Sorry this didn't help.

That is correct, since all your licenses are under the Rights Database file.. However do note that you will need to redownload the optional media update at some point when you go to stream a video or music to your console from your PC of another device..

Sorry this didn't help.

ok so what does the "marketplace data" actually do? what is its purupse and is it a file that will come back on its own or is it only for the "older" marketplace/dashboard update?

Sorry this didn't help.

That file should come back on it's own once you download something from the marketplace, but like above you could always try manually transfering that file from the HDD to a USB Flash Drive and move it over to the new HDD.

Sorry this didn't help.

i tried to move it with a flash drive (thats compattible) but the only option (for any "system item") is Delete, and i pressed Y but that does nothing.

Sorry this didn't help.

The 'Marketplace Data' file is just a cache of the LIVE marketplace, so that it loads up quicker the next time you access it.  There is no function to back up your download licenses.  If you have a new console will still need to do a license transfer.  All your purchase history and what not, are stored on your account on LIVE, not on your console.

You don't need to concern yourself with transferring these miscellaneous files.

Sorry this didn't help.