How do I transfer licenses for DLC?

I have two questions if anyone can help.

1.  I have a new XBOX, old drive is dead. How do I transfer my licenses so I can download DLC (map packs for Call of Duty, car packs for Forza 3) to my new machine?

2. I do not have a power supply for the Xbox 360 SLIM, but I have an old power supply.  I found a conversion cable on EBay that is supposed to allow you to use the old power supply. Does anyone have one of these or know if it works?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 140 Applies to:

All you need to do is recover your old gamertag on the new Xbox 360 S and the license should automatically move over.

As for the converter cable for a Xbox 360 Pro system being used to power a Xbox 360 S system... I wouldn't try it. The voltage may not match what the system itself needs to use to power itself. It may not be safe. May I ask why you do not have a power block for the Xbox 360 S system, it should have came with one.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

The power supply was lost when I moved, my friend whose XBox died gave me the power supply not knowing they were different now.

I am really confused about the license part though because I remember on the Forza forums many people having a problem getting their DLC, and that they had to go to some website and put in I believe their serial number. I can't find the threads on the Forza Forums about it so figured I'd ask here.

Do you know of any such website?

I think I am going to try the conversion cable, there is a youtube video of a guy who hooks it up and uses it, and its only $5. Either way, at the current time I have no video games, if it fries the machine I don't even care as I planned on saving up for a new one anyway.

Thanks for your help PO735

Sorry this didn't help.

Let me double check on the Support database for a definite solution to transferring license's.

Sorry this didn't help.

Follow the instructions at http://www.xbox.com/drm to transfer the licenses to your new console.

The FAQ about it can be found here http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/Support/LicenseMigration/FAQ

Sorry this didn't help.

Xbox 360 Content License Restoration What is the license transfer tool?

The license transfer tool on Xbox.com lets you consolidate all of your downloaded content licenses to one console. For example, if you downloaded items from Xbox LIVE® Marketplace on one console, then purchased another console later on and downloaded more content to the new one, your content would be licensed to two consoles. This tool lets you download your older content licenses to your new console.

Why did Xbox create this tool?

We are always looking at ways to improve the Xbox 360® and Xbox LIVE experience. With the success of Xbox LIVE Marketplace, the need for a tool to consolidate content licenses became apparent.  

My console was recently repaired; do I need to use the tool?

In most cases, no, you do not need to use the tool. Licenses are transferred automatically during the repair process but you may need to download them again. In a small number of cases, the transfer may not complete correctly during repair and you might need to use the transfer tool to move your licenses. If, after redownloading the content, you are still having an issue, then using the transfer tool is the right step.

How often can I use the tool?

The tool can only be used once every 121 days.

Why can I use the tool only once per 121 days?

The tool is intended to allow consumers to consolidate their licenses they purchased on multiple consoles to a primary console. It is not intended to continually move content between multiple consoles.

Why can't I move licenses to multiple consoles?

Most customers have a single console. However, they may have downloaded items to multiple consoles over time. We want to provide a way for these customers to consolidate their licenses on their current console. You can still use your content on other consoles while signed in to Xbox LIVE.

What licenses are NOT transferred by the tool?

Due to licensing restrictions, movie rental licenses are not transferred. Make sure you watch your movies before using this tool.

I've finished the process on xbox.com, now what do I need to do?

You need to download the licenses to your new console.

• Attach a hard drive or memory unit.
  • Turn on the console.
  • Sign in to Xbox LIVE with the gamer profile that originally downloaded the content.
  • Press the silver Guide button on your controller to open the Xbox Guide.
  • Go to Settings and select Account Management.
  • Then select Download History.
  • Repeat step 5 for each item in your download history.
What happens to my content on the original console?

The content is no longer licensed to the old console. You can delete it, or you can use it while signed in to Xbox LIVE.

Sorry this didn't help.

VOTEdc and PettyOfficer735 - Thank you for your help - that's what I was looking for! If the power supply conversion cable works, I'll post here so others know.  Thanks again for the link to transfer!

Sorry this didn't help.

So as long as you are signed in to xbox live? all the dlc can still be accessed on the original console?

Sorry this didn't help.

As long as it's not profile-locked, yes! If you have any further questions, xCrossedSwords, please create your own thread and we'll be happy to answer! Since this thread is over a year old, I'm going to go ahead and lock it. :)

Sorry this didn't help.