How do I transfer data via USB?

I'm trying to help my kids transfer one profile and some games to a new xbox via USB.  The profile came over just fine.  But after trying a game, we keep getting the demo version on the new xbox.  The paid-for game does not unlock itself.  It appears to have game data, but says we need to login to xbox live to download it.  Is there no way to transfer downloaded games without needing to login to re-enable them (I don't remember the old login info)?

Where is game data stored?  Is it in the profile, or is it stored with the game?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.   :-)  John

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

XBLA games and DLC are licensed to two things. The account which bought them and the console they were first downloaded to.

For other accounts other than the purchasing one to use the game you will need to transfer that second, or console license, to the new 360.

This is done at http://www.xbox.com/drm or by signing in on the new console and running the license transfer from Account Management.

However if you don't know the details for the account used to buy them then there is little you can do, you need access to that account to do the license transfer. Give support a call with the details you do remember about the old account and see if they can help you get it back Call Us.

Otherwise I'm afraid you are going to have to buy that content again. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.