How do I remove my old email address?

I recently changed my Windows Live ID and now I've noticed that some emails from microsoft are still being sent to my old address and do not appear at all in my current one.

I can't even find any reference to my old email address to remove it, so how can I get all the notifications sent to just the one account?

Thanks

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 18 Applies to:

Hover your mouse over "My Xbox" and then click on "Accounts" and there you will be able to change your contact preferences.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks but my contact preferences are already set to my hotmail account, the problem is that I still get some notifications sent to my old gmail account.

I no longer want my gmail account associated with my xbox live account and I can't see how to remove it.

Sorry this didn't help.

There can be two separate email addresses used with a GT at one time: your WLID and your contact email address. These don't necessarily have to be the same. What account are you referring to OP, your WLID or contact one? Is the email address you are getting emails to one of these?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yeah I understand that there can be different emails associated with the same GT.

When I initially signed up for xbox live I used my gmail account. Since then I've changed both my WLID and my contact email to my hotmail account.

There's no reference anywhere regarding my gmail account and yet some emails are being sent there and not to my hotmail account.

Sorry this didn't help.

Have you been to this page (live.xbox.com/.../ContactPreferences) regarding contact? Did, at any time, you have the second box checked to share your email address with partners? Even if you changed your email address, that Gmail account would have already been shared for advertising.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks again for your input and I can confirm that I have never had the partner marketing enabled. Strangely enough, the emails I'm receiving at gmail are not advertising but seem to be genuine notifications regarding my xbox account.

For example, when I last purchased MS points I received a purchase confirmation at my hotmail account. When I registered for the xbox rewards program, the confirmation email was sent to my gmail account.  Also, I've noticed that I'm getting a notification of a new post in this thread at my gmail account.

Sorry this didn't help.

If your account is somehow holding on to the old email address, you can try calling phone support (support.xbox.com/contact-us) to get this updated. I'm not sure what they can do, but that's about the only suggestion I have at this point.

Sorry this didn't help.