How Do I Remmove MY Credit Card?

Okay The month of gold has passed over. Then I bought me a 3 month membership card and redeemed it. Now I need to remove the card since membership is done on the card. But it will not let me.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 10 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

An easy question to answer for an Ambassador I would have thought.

-

To remove a credit/debit card from your account you will first need to turn off automatic renewal. In some regions that can be done here https://live.xbox.com/Account. Once that is turned off you will then be able to remove the card from here live.xbox.com/ManagePaymentOptions.

-

If turning off automatic renewal is not available for you via the website you will need to phone support and get them to do it for you support.xbox.com/call-us. They will also be able to remove the credit/debit card from your account as well or you can do it at the link above.

If all else fails call 18004myxbox and they will manually do it.

[quote user="Xeali0n"]

If all else fails call 18004myxbox and they will manually do it.

[/quote]

From my experience in the US, it is much easier just calling the number above. The website seems to allow you to do it, but it never actually removes it. I have tried both on here and on the Microsoft website for WLID.

At the top of this page, you will see the word "Support". Hover over that until you see the drop down menu. Click on "Xbox Live" or "Billing and Subscriptions". All the answers you need are there.

I'm having the same issue, just redeemed a 3 month gold prepaid card, auto renewal has been turned off on the website for my credit card yet I get a message saying it can't be removed because its set to auto renew, which as I said is turned off.

well no

you will never get a msg that you cannot remove the card because autorenewal is on

you will get a msg that if the card is on an active membership you cannot remove it

you have to wait till the prepaid time card starts before the creditcard can be removed

I did mine on xbox.com.  I went to "my account" and removed it.  I am in the US.

I did turn auto renewal off first.

i use paypal or a card from store

What normally happens, is the  credit card can't be removed so long as the subscription is active, whether if it's being used for the subscription or not. That applies if you only have one creditcard on the account. You can set a primary payment method on your account, or simply call support, and they can cancel the membership, remove the card, and give you a code to redeem for the remaining amount of time left on your subscription.

i always thought you could remove your card once you had turned off your auto renew but now it seems you can`t,i just tried.