How do I make my account no longer parental-controlled?

I made my Xbox LIVE account back in 2007 when I was 14 years old, with a parental account set on it. It is now almost six years later, I am almost 20, and occasionally am hassled with inserting my parent's account info to do many things that no longer require their consent. Is it possible to delete the parental controls on an account, and if so how?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 123 Applies to:

Hi there,

To remove the parental controls (this is only possible when achieved the legal age), you will need to promote your account to an adult account.

See the steps at "Promote a child account to an adult account in Xbox" to do so on this link: support.xbox.com/.../online-safety

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

You will need to do this on the console. Please bear in mind that you maybe of legal age but the account is not the option will not be available. On your console  go to Settings >> Account >> Your information ( scroll to the right ) and the first option should say Promote Account. This should be on your account. If by any chance you do not see this option the account's date of birth maybe wrong when you first created it. Also this step will be asking for a valid credit card to verify an adult has approved this you may use your own card.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.