how do i get my account back if i can only remember gamertag

Recently I turned on my xbox 360 after about 2 years of not using it, After sitting through the many, many, many updates I went to connect to my gamertag. Unfortunetly I cannot remember the email address or the assword. the account is still saved to my console but unfortunetly thats all I have. Is there anyway or anything I can do to get my old account back??

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 52 Applies to:

[quote user="sniping hore"]after about 2 years of not using it, ... I cannot remember the email address or the assword. the account is still saved to my console[/quote]

This only works, if you do NOT have to agree to new Terms of Use (as you need to sign in with your account and password to accept them).

If you go to the Settings hub all the way to the right, go to the Account tile in the lower left. There go to "Your Information" and "Account Security". There you should see your Microsoft Account email.

With that email you can go to http://www.xbox.com/forgot and try to recover your Password.

If however, you are unable to connect to Live since you can't accept the new Terms of Use, the only way to get your account credentials back is by calling the support hotline (or requesting a callback).

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.