How do I disable the annoying e-mail/password prompts on sign-in?

Hey all,

I'm currently deployed overseas, and I have my Xbox Hard Drive and profile with me.

After finaggling port forwarding, static IPs, and a bunch of other nonsense that is far too cumbersome to simply be able to play games I purchased (just a gripe about DRM in general), I finally managed to get Xbox Live to connect through a mobile hotspot.

However, when I turn the Xbox 360 on and go to sign in, it will ask me for my e-mail address and password. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. As much as I'm sure this was a good idea in theory, it has proven to be quite ineffective for increasing account security - every person in the MWR facility has likely seen me enter my e-mail and password multiple times because of how frequent it is. I have already recovered my profile after clearing caches on several occasions. I have saved my profile to different memory units. I have changed my password and security question several times. 

I only have one other e-mail address (already attached for my security info), no local phone, and no cell phone with service (I am not going to pay $7 a minute or whatever ridiculous global roaming rate providers ask for). I have my profile - I just want to play games with it without being harassed constantly.

So... how do I disable this? Does turning on Auto-Sign actually automatically sign me in, or will it just bring the prompt for my credentials once again without me having to click a button?

Any help on this manner would be appreciated. 

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

What I do is just press B and retry the sign-in. It gets rid of the message for a while, but sadly it's not a permanent fix. I believe my brother somehow got rid of the message, so it seems possible, but I don't know how. Google may help?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Since getting online is hit to miss, try moving your profile to a flash drive. Remove the flash drive and trying redownloading and see if that does anything. The flash drive is for if you can't get connected again to live servers.

Sorry this didn't help.

Have you tried just deleting the profile followed by redownloading it?

Sorry this didn't help.

NJDevils,

When I click that check box (After entering e-mail, password), it processes the information for a few seconds (the circular loading icon appears), and then a popup appears saying. "Sorry, there is a problem with your account. Please try again later." with error code #831188FE. When this happens, I cannot get online at all. Then I am off to restart the deleting, cache clearing, and other such troubleshooting steps before it may or may not work again

Getting online is very hit or miss. My hit to miss ratio is sadness, actually, to quote Gaige from Borderlands 2.

Sorry this didn't help.

When that screen pops up theres a check box in the underneath the password box it'll remeber password check it once you filled out the information and that shouldnt pop up anymore. Thank you for all you do over seas and come home safe :)

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey,

Thanks for replying. It is across four different Xbox consoles. If I am using my original Xbox, I have no problems accessing my purchased content.

On two of them, it will automatically sign me in after I enable it. If I don't enable it, I cannot sign in due to error messages when entering credentials.

However, for all intents and purposes, I can sign in and play my content now, in five minute chunks before having to reconnect.

DRM is lame, but what can you do?

Much appreciated.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Taylor,

Sorry to hear about the frustration. Let's see what we can do. 

It sounds like you want to setup that auto sign-in like you said. That will allow you to sign right in without typing in all your info.

Are you using the same console every time?

Let us know, and we can work from there.  

Sorry this didn't help.