how do i delete my account

please help me delete my account

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

You cannot "delete" an Xbox account. You can change the WLID to free it up (forums.xbox.com/.../19163.aspx), change your GT to free that up, delete it from your console, and call phone support (support.xbox.com/.../contact-us.aspx) to turn off auto-renewal if you have a current LIVE subscription.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

This is total bullshit, microsoft is using us for free marketing, and invading our privacy by not deleting an account when requested. If you log out of your account on the console then start it up, microsoft still records what the console is doing!!

Microsoft need to cut the big brother crap and follow accepted procedures for privacy, why the hell have a phone support centre with option 1 "delete your account" only to be told it cannot be deleted and there is no management staff or anyone with any authority whatsoever to talk to. Most of us are adults, Microsoft you are on thin ice with your invasive attitude.

Sorry this didn't help.

I am really sorry that you are so upset about this, but I'm confused how this is "free marketing" or "invading privacy". As for knowing what your console is doing, I did say that there is a way to delete the profile completely from your console, you just can't delete it from the Xbox LIVE servers.

Sorry this didn't help.