how do i change NAT settings

i just noticed my NAT setting has gone from open to strict and now i can't connect to anyone on my friends list, any help as to how to change this back would be greatly appreciated, if needed my internet provider is bt and i'm using one of those bt homehubs

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 19 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

www.unofficialguidetolive.co.uk/.../62-my-nat-is-strict-or-moderate

this link should help it gives you a guide to all you need to know  :)

Just found exactly the same lol

Just turn the plug off at the wall let everything reset and bobs your uncle and fannys your aunt!

[quote user="Philip1979"]

Just turn the plug off at the wall let everything reset and bobs your uncle and fannys your aunt!

[/quote]

That's the way I do it.

By far the quickest method.

thanks duckstorm, phillip i tried resetting my router 3 times to no effect

[quote user="Sir weet jebus"]

thanks duckstorm, phillip i tried resetting my router 3 times to no effect

[/quote]

Switch the router off for 30 secs then switch it on, and test the network connection on the Xbox. That usually does it for me.

If resetting router doesn't work make sure ports or dmz are configured correctly.

I had this problem myself until recently, in most cases if you go into your router settings and enable universal plug and play  it sorts it out no problem.  Then run a test through xbox dashbord to confirm its all good.

Plug and play on routers is not bad, I just found that sometimes it would open the ports and other times it wouldn't, Very annoying.