How do i change my online account settings to adult

It made me use my own parent email apparently and now i cant download any kind of map pack online and i need to change it so i can, can anyone tell me how to do this.

Hello, when someone set this account up for you they put your date of birth under the age of 18. Once you do that your account entered into the XBOX Live system as a "child" as any account under the age of 18 is automatically a "child" - If your account is over the age of 18 please visit -> support.microsoft.com/.../945418. That will teach you how to promote the account from child to an adult and get rid of the restriction. If you are not over the age of 18 then you cannot download the content on the account. If this was done by mistake then unfortunately there is still no way to get the content until you hit the age of 18 on that account unless you were to make a new XBOX Live account. Hope that helps.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hmm, well i am an adult, and my hotmail account is registered as the age of one already, so since it is, i hope that will let me "promote" it..

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Also, i already had microsoft points on this so i need to be able to promote it, but it wont let me even though the account is over 18, so i cannot delete and make a new one, unless there is a way to transfer my points to another account, also, i got some points from the US and im in Canada, so i cant redeem it so i had another account redeem them but i still cant download map packs, is there anyway to change that so i can still get my map packs, because its saying i cant get them in my region on the xbox.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I suggest contacting XBOX Support for your region. As far as the USA Microsoft Points on a USA account even though you are living in Canada there's nothing we can do about that. There's a region block for a reason and that is why you are getting that specific error message. You unfortunately won't be able to download that map pack.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Ah, alright, well thanks anyways

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="xTetsiagax"]i got some points from the US and im in Canada, so i cant redeem it so i had another account redeem them but i still cant download map packs[/quote]

That's a two-part problem:

1. Microsoft Points are region-locked; you can't put U.S. Points on a Canadian account.

2. Many DLC map packs are now region locked. It sounds like you created a U.S. account to apply the U.S. points, but then ran into a different region lock: a U.S. account can't download and use region-locked map packs while located on a console in Canada (or any other country). You should be able to use the Points on other content, though, and share it with the other profiles on your console (except for Avatar Marketplace items), because not all stuff is region locked.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Err, when you say i can share them with other accounts, does that mean i can somehow give the points to my other account? Cause if i could, i can get the map packs on my actual account.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="xTetsiagax"]

Err, when you say i can share them with other accounts, does that mean i can somehow give the points to my other account? Cause if i could, i can get the map packs on my actual account.

[/quote]

No you cannot give points to others unless you are both in a Family Plan.

What he means to say is, you are able to download something from account A and you will still be able to access it with account B, provided both accounts are on the same console.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="SONIC SCREAM 07"][quote user="xTetsiagax"]Err, when you say i can share them with other accounts, does that mean i can somehow give the points to my other account? Cause if i could, i can get the map packs on my actual account.[/quote]No you cannot give points to others unless you are both in a Family Plan.[/quote]

Just to pre-answer a possible next question: you can't have accounts in a Family Pack from different regions.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Lol alright, well guess that answers everything then, didn't know microsoft was going to be trolls and region lock ***, kind of dumb that they do.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated August 18, 2021 Views 103 Applies to: