How do I buy Live subscription for family members

When I google to find how to purchase xbox live subscriptions for each of my family members, I can only find information on how there used to be a family pack option.  Thats great, but what do I do now.   How do I buy for my family members so that games can be shared with them and that they can play the games in the same way I do?

Is there not a way to buy subscription and apply it to one of my family members?   Gift it to them, etc.?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

The absolute easiest way to gift Gold or Marketplace credits to another person's account, family or friend, is through prepaid cards.  And the easiest way to obtain them is online.  GameStop and Amazon.com both sell digital online codes (just search Xbox Gold or Xbox Gift Card), which are displayed on screen upon purchase, and you can print them or email the codes to them, and they can then redeem them into their account.  Or, if you know their Microsoft login information, you can sign into their accounts on xbox.com and redeem them into their accounts yourself.

You also have the option of attaching a credit card or PayPal account to their Xbox profiles and purchasing these things directly to their account, although Memberships purchased this way to automatically renew, and it is advised you update their contact information to your own email so you'll receive reminder notifications of any upcoming renewals of 3 or 12 month memberships, as well as notifications of any additional purchases or cancels.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

So if I have 3 kids I have to purchase 4 membership plans on the Xbox 360 now? Why in the world would you get rid of the family option?

Sorry this didn't help.

This is a joke I spend so much money on Xbox DLC every year on top of my $99.00 family plan. My 3 children were not able to log on there accounts the other day but mine still was active. What a great way to find out you dropped the family plan. Now is going to cost me $200 a year plus DLC. We own 3 xbox 360 consoles and im not a millionaire so I don't think I will be swapping over to the Xbox one any time soon. Thanks for making me look like a *** to my kids cuz I can't afford to pay for their individual xbox live accounts.

Sorry this didn't help.

xbox one has Gold and game sharing enabled, exactly the things you are ask for

Sorry this didn't help.

The point is I have 3 xbox 360 consoles I'm not going to buy 3 Xbox one consoles just to get a family plan. It is ridiculous they dropped the family plan for xbox 360.

Sorry this didn't help.

Here is the way this should work:

My child selects the Xbox Live Gold Subscription upgrade option on the console. I am prompted for my parent account and password. The credit card tied to my parent account gets charged for the Xbox Live Gold subscription. Simple right?????

Wrong. Nothing has worked. The console prompts me to add a payment option to my child's account which must be in his name???!?

I am intelligent and deal with computers daily. What am I missing? Why isn't this question answered in the FAQ's? Why isn't this question answered in the forums? Why can't I email support for an answer? Why have I spent more than 30 seconds on a simple Gold upgrade?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there, SaspeGeek! The issue you're having isn't related to the Family Gold, which is what this thread is about. Please post up a new thread detailing your issue and we'll see to you individually. Thank you!

Sorry this didn't help.