How did you come up with your gamertag?

At this point I'm kind of tired of my gamertag and want a new one, but I'm having trouble figuring one out. How did you create your gamertag? I could use some ideas on how to come up with one, thanks!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 26 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

The place I used to work they called me Brian 2 and when I said I didn't like being called number two they started calling me Big B because I was the taller Brian. EC are the initials of the business but I just say it stands for East Coast. Good luck on figuring out a new one.

I like beer :)

my name + my birth year....I know, isn't really creative but is easy to remember. :)

I use to be friend with a guy named Ownage on another Gaming Forum and I changed my username to make it look like my Gamertag now, because he told me I should so I thought eh, what the heck, and since then, it just kinda stuck with me. :P

iNb4 means already mentioned and it's pronounce (In be for)  So it's kinda funny. :)

In my case, I'm a Bucs fan and Paka was the name of my cat (usually use Paka in some form everywhere online). I'd say pick something that means something to you or something funny. I like ones that have a little thought put into them or make me chuckle. My least favorites are ones that have generic, overused terms; especially ones that are bragging about skills.

I play shooter games (r6, flashpoint, GR etc) and my last named was taken so I threw in Lieutenant, but then when I rank up in games I'm like Sargent Lieutenant... oh well. The worst part is though people with gamertags like B1gm@cM3alD3al heckle me for it if I play online. That is not, as far as I know, a real player but you know the type.

[quote user="BeastyBurns"]At this point I'm kind of tired of my gamertag and want a new one, but I'm having trouble figuring one out. How did you create your gamertag? I could use some ideas on how to come up with one, thanks!

[/quote]

I looked for adjectives and verbs that describe me and searched synonyms to find words until I found a fitting word to change a letter and add a bit of style and custom touch along with a more name-like appearance. I’m always on the computer performing keystrokes, but I changed the ‘k’ in keystroke to a ‘q’ so it becomes a bit more disassociated from the word keystroke and more like a name.

My gt came from a rap song. It irritates me when people say 24hrs2live as in Xbox live. It's live as in I live in Maryland

My second name (Marwood) and my birth year 1987. Simples.

My gt is just my nickname... no numbers was taken so i tried 24 like my sig, but that was taken so throw 88 in there and ta da my gt.