How Come Xbox One Only 720 Compared to 900 for PS4

I see people talking about how BF4(other games as well) on Xbox One does 720 while PS4 does 900. This might be a stupid question, but why did developers give Xbox One version 720? Is the PS4 easier to develop for now? (compared to last gen where 360 was easier to develop games) Can someone explain to me in detail why this is please. My main concern is that in the future all Xbox One multiplats will be lower res than PS4.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Esram takes more time that's all.

-

expect resolutions to be the same going forward

Xbox does 1080, it's just up to the game developers to support it.  For example, I can set my xbox to 1080, but DR3 only was developed for 720.  Once more developers start developing specifically for next gen 1080 will become the standard.

Apparently devs got their X1 devkits later than on PS4 so it's less optimised.

-

X1 is definitely powerful enough for 1080p, but while you're waiting the upscalers on Xbox 360 and One are incredible, and in BF4's instance there is actually proof that 720p-Up to 1080p is better than 900p-Software Up to 1080p. It's sharper.

Thankyou virtual duck!someone who knoes what they are talking about.

The 360 had a great upscaler. The One does not. The Xbox one adds artificial edge enhancement that renders the Xbox One games useless for IG/PQ hogs unless you change your console settings to 720p for the 720p games before you launch them. Microsoft really dropped the ball since the last gen on their scaling abilities.

Dat 50% power difference. Also ESRAM doesn't do it any favors. Anyone who says otherwise is a deluded fool.

Anyone that says its a 50% power difference is as well

Nah. There are actual comparisons that support this. Fanboys only have cloud dream power.

not that exact percentage.  

all my games have looked better on my xbox one then they have on my ps4