How come Microsoft responds to Halo rumors but not rumors about it's own console?

The fact that they won't say whether or not the new console with require an always-on connection just gives the rumor more life. I'm not saying they have to respond to every little rumor but this one is major. Not at all like a rumor about Halo being released on Steam. I don't recall countless blogs, gamers and businesses discussing it as if it were a make it or break it decision.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Conker didn't suck :(

conker sucked. goldeneye...awesome game for its time. spent a lotta time blasting away at my friends... and hacking the game so I could get extra MP maps out of it

I got a Heavy Sixer, so that would make it an early 2600 is what i have in storage right now. Dont know how i came up with 6400.. I blame the Commodore.

[quote user="MayhemsShadow"]

I remember the Atari 2600, 5200, 7800... jaguar. but never a 6400....

[/quote]

Next time i go to my storage unit, i will find the exact model number for ya.  :)  Might have been confusing the Commadore 64 with the Atari model numbers. You talking 25-30 years man...My memory has faded (like smoke) in my middle age...LOL

Intended or not, I think the strategy is brilliant on MS' part.  They have everybody and their brother blogging/talking about a product that isn't even announced yet.  It's probably benefitting them in the long run.

It isn't that difficult to understand why MS comments on one and not the other. Halo 3 is a released product. MS has yet to announce a new console. MS does not comment on unannounced products.

Because it is Halo.

Halo belongs to Xbox only.

No one else should ever have it or touch it.

[quote user="Bluntman1138"]

I have been playing since Atari 6400, so i am as "old school" as it gets. And quit frankly, the only 3 good games from Rare i ever played was Goldeneye, Jetforce Gemini, and Conker.(and face it, this game was only good because of the humor) Couldnt give a crap about the other games, nor would i care if any sequels were made.

You just seem like the type that just cant let go of the past.

[/quote]

Never played Conker (don't think) but yeah GoldenEye and JetForce were great, those two plus Banjo Kazooie (first one) were three of my favorite games on 64

I remember the Atari 2600, 5200, 7800... jaguar. but never a 6400....

I have been playing since Atari 6400, so i am as "old school" as it gets. And quit frankly, the only 3 good games from Rare i ever played was Goldeneye, Jetforce Gemini, and Conker.(and face it, this game was only good because of the humor) Couldnt give a crap about the other games, nor would i care if any sequels were made.

You just seem like the type that just cant let go of the past.