How can Xbox Live Compete with Rewards like PSN+ does.

This makes me really annoyed.
-
Playstation EU have released the games that will be included in the March 2013 edition of Playstation Plus.

The games are:

6th March: Mass Effect 3
6th March: Dead or Alive 5
6th March: Joe Danger 2
13th March: Metal Gear Solid HD Collection (VITA)
20th March: Puddle (VITA)
-
In my opinion although XBL is stronger, for the PSN fee, its ALOT better. I know some will say I am happy, and in a way I am.
Quick downloads , early content and service updates are quick, but it honestly does not compare to what is being offered, whether its because PSN+ isnt mandatory and so they need to entice people I dont know, all I know is, the specs for the two new consoles will be very similar and so as Cockney C said in another post, its all about the service.
And if the service continues based on this, a PS4 will be hard to turn down.
-
What things do you think XBL needs to change to compete in Rewards terms with PSN+?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Personally I think if Xbox Live offered Gold members even half of the top titles ( my opinion on the titles lol ) you get as a PSN+ member then gamers would feel alot more happy about their yearly sub.

For me, a gamer, I only care about two things from Xbox Live Gold:  playing online and party chat.  Both of those services should be free.  So Xbox Live Gold is crap to me.

[quote user="the1337gamer"]

For me, a gamer, I only care about two things from Xbox Live Gold:  playing online and party chat.  Both of those services should be free.  So Xbox Live Gold is crap to me.

[/quote]

Party Chat is the only reason I'm still a Gold member, I really would miss partying up with friends/family even when we all playing different games on different systems.

Isn't MS getting rid of the party chat as we know it now and will be using Skype? and the talk is Sony will intrduce some sort of party chat next generation so it will be interesting to see then if Sony continue to give away free games plus other things like they do now how Microsoft will reply because in my opinion they will have to.

[quote user="UnchargedTerror"]This makes me really annoyed.
[/quote] Makes me annoyed too, I never knew before how good PSN+has become, Actually makes me sick :(

[quote user="Mister BuzzBee"]

Isn't MS getting rid of the party chat as we know it now and will be using Skype? and the talk is Sony will intrduce some sort of party chat next generation so it will be interesting to see then if Sony continue to give away free games plus other things like they do now how Microsoft will reply because in my opinion they will have to.

[/quote]

Possibly, given that Microsoft acquired Skype a while ago.  Although I'm pretty sure Skype has alot of security issues.

I expect Sony will introduce a party chat system, it almost like a standard expected feature now with all the talk about "connectivity" and "sharing" from that PS4 meeting.

I'm almost certain I'm switching to PS next generation, my gold run out today and I have no intention of renewing it, it will just be £30 towards the new console. The only thing that will stop me switching is if it looks like Xbox offer value for money like PSN+

In my opinion Microsoft have really dropped the ball towards the end of this generation with customer satisfaction, if they really think party chat and a few apps are going to keep customers then they  need to wake up quickly.

Maybe Microsoft should make XBL gold a subscription renting  renting service!

-

Bah none of those games interest me or already got board of so yet anther PS+ update that I am not bothered about.

-

Not sure why Mass effect gets all the love never took to it prefer KOTOR.

MGS bah they were boring on Ps2

Puddle already been free before on PS+

Joe Danger played it at a friends and not interested.

DOA 5 not a fan of fighting games.

-

Each to their own I guess

-

But yeah MS need to have somthing up their sleeve fir next gen.

[quote user="marknally"]

In my opinion Microsoft have really dropped the ball towards the end of this generation with customer satisfaction, if they really think party chat and a few apps are going to keep customers then they  need to wake up quickly.

[/quote]

Totally agree.  I don't care about apps and crap.  I want the best video game experience from my console and you don't get that from Xbox 360 anymore. 

My Live runs out in a few days and i won't be renewing, while im not a fan of the console i think what Sony offer to there customers is so far out infront of MS its unreal. Should be ashamed they are so far behind, but they wont care as they they will be swimming in money.

They dont have to give free games away for folk to renew.

I won't be renewing my gold either when it runs out, pretty much get nothing for my 40 quid a year. Sick of adverts on the dash for lovefilm and Netflix and Sky, I can go on me PS3 play online for free and not put up with adverts. MS making my choice very easy next gen.