How Can Microsoft Own The Internet But Can't Code It's Official Forums?

OK, so maybe Microsoft don't own the internet but you know exactly what I mean.

How on earth have they managed to design such impractical and unfunctional Official Forums?

The newer, slower forums with less information were cumbersome enough, giving you a moment to watch Sea Sponges migrate while the page loaded up.

But now many users have simply lost the ability to reply.

If I'm on the home systems I have no trouble with replies but other machines just won't have it.

You click "Reply" only to watch it dissapear.  No amount of refreshes or Cookie/Cache clearances fixes it.  It just doesn't work...

With Microsoft kit?!?!?!?!

We know Microsoft know what they're doing.

The question is why are they deliberately sabotaging their official Forums?

Perhaps the XBox 720 is closer to the horizon than we think.

Az

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

we pay for service and we get buggerd up forums lol microsoft for you software breaks in matter months then you go buy new one then couple weeks after happens again thy break their stuff so people go buy it again to improve it lol people fall for it over and over again

@ Az ...

You make some good points! it does make you wonder how they have allowed the forums to get in a state they are now??A few people have mentioned to me in the last few weeks that they have a feeling these forums won't be around 'Lets just say Forever!' well not as we know them anyway!

To be honest I've gone past the point of caring now, apart from the problems of the forums signing you out all the time, no 'Reply' options and alot of other issues it's just to awkward and filddly to use regulary!

Ive not personally had the "reply" button disappear on me,but I can certainly share your feelings on the rest of your points. I just cant fathom how a Corp of MS size and reputation can get something so badly wrong and then just ignore the issue.

It is likely MS are actively trying to stop people from visiting Xbox.com - which sounds insane, but on the evidence does seem to be the case.

Maybe it is because they no longer care for community interaction? Given their drive towards a "non-core" audience which would not use a forum, perhaps they dont care what opinions we have so are putting as little effort into this online community as possible?

Your heading for this thread was very misleading and made me view it just to see what you were on about, Microsoft does NOT own the Internet and if you don't like the forum then please don't visit it, Quite simple really, Bit like your header for this thread.

King Of Kings...............OUT!!

[quote user="Gaming since 92"]

Your heading for this thread was very misleading and made me view it just to see what you were on about, Microsoft does NOT own the Internet and if you don't like the forum then please don't visit it, Quite simple really, Bit like your header for this thread.

King Of Kings...............OUT!!

[/quote]

"Can't Code It's Official Forums?"

Would say thats pretty descriptive of what the thread is about and I love this notion that if something is broken we shouldnt be allowed to complain about it we should just ignore it. Brilliant logic.

If you want to give feedback on the new site layout you are better off posting it here http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/general_discussion/f/18.aspx that way it can be ignored officially

The new site was broken in its beta stage, had features like using full HTML coding allowing users to post images and videos, yet when it was put LIVE they kept it available for users only to then announce that it was a temporary feature and yet its still open to be used with the moderators picking and choosing who to apply the "temporary" use of it to by removing image sigs etc

The coding is so poor that its affecting multiple browsers, Google Chrome, Firefox and even Internet Explorer, it doesnt work on anything IE6 or below and hardly works on IE9 unless running in compatibility mode and even then fails to work correctly. Poor loading times for a page without images shows that its the coding system that is failing to load quickly, and for a forum where you are switching between multiple pages is just unacceptable

Then you have the new style of the site, the quick reply option is a nice feature, but you cant quote a reply directly unless you use the rich formatting option, which either fails to load at all or its so sluggish you give up and use the quick reply. That is if mind, the reply function even works at all....all signs of broken site code that clearly was never tested enough during its beta period.

Whilst the title to this thread is misleading as is the norm for the OP's attempts at using sarcasm and misdirection to make people look at his threads, he points out the obvious which everyone sees and knows yet somehow the moderators arent reporting back to the site's tech team in order for it to be corrected. Its also clear, that the decision to archive the original site, means they cant now put it LIVE in order to cover the time that this new one is offline to be corrected.

Working in IT, if our company website ran this poorly it would be a liability for the company, having a site that no one can use 100% and is forcing people not to use it at all would cost it time and money and I would be held accountable for fixing it. Whilst true that out of all the Xbox Live customers and users only a small portion of that community even use this site, the site the way it is is losing more of that small number then its attracting new people to use this site. 

Its not user friendly, it hardly works, and the fact the overall company  behind the site is Microsoft, who have a huge network of interlinking sitesfrom MSN to hotmail to all windows related software/operating systems sites, for them to have a simple forum site so clearly broken since its launch with no signs of any corrections and only seems to be breaking up more on a daily basis is an embarrasment and humiliation the longer it goes on. I have said it before, this site looks as though hackers got in and messed it up...the really scary thing is that the creators of this site did it by design, and DMZilla was happy to put it live

DMZilla should be fired. To put this forum  live and say Its an Improvement just annoys me.

Well obviously it's because Microsoft are primarily a soft-- wait, that's why the hardware sucks...

It's not like the rest of Microsofts websites are much better, most of them are horrendously outdated. As a software company there really isn't any excuse for it, in fact it's pretty much saying "We can't code for toffee, go use a competitor".

[quote user="Cokney Charmer"]

If you want to give feedback on the new site layout you are better off posting it here http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/general_discussion/f/18.aspx that way it can be ignored officially

[/quote]Haha that is so the truth! By chance I was just having a nosey around that board, and despite the obligatory rants, there are lots of suggestions and informed feedback and not a single response  from anyone. Not even a quick post to say "we're looking into it" - pretty pathetic.