How can I use surround sound headphones with my Xbox 360 S when the 360 is connected to the monitor via HDMI?

The subject line should say it all. I have an Xbox 360 Slim, connected to a 1080p monitor via an HDMI cable. Whenever I try to plug in my surround sound headphones, the sound still comes out of the monitor speakers rather than the headphones. I've already tried the audio adapter and it DOES NOT work. Is there any way to fix this problem?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 38 Applies to:

This will depend on the Make/Model of your Headphones. Most Headsets (such as Turtle Beach) include a cord that you plug in to the TV and plug the sound composite/component cables into the back of them that streams the sound. These styles of headsets also have a headphone jack (3.5 mm) that can be plugged directly into most TVs directly as long as the have a 3.5 mm port for headphones. This will give you the same surround sound quality as the other method. If the sound does not come through as surround sound, check your TV settings. Some TVs have separate sound settings for using headphones, and it may need to be adjusted to allow Stereo Surround sound.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.