How can I use a portion of a USB Storage Device on my XBox 360, without formatting the whole thing.

My dilemma is that I already am using around 100 gbs of a 500 (465, really) gb WD Hard drive. I want to know if I can format only a portion of the hard drive (such as 16gbs, since that's the maximum) so that I can still use part of the hard drive on my XBox 360, yet also keep all my files for my Computer and all those other things on it. Any help on this matter is greatly appreciated and I will kindly take to anything that shows that it may be possible. Thank you all for taking your time to read this and possibly reply.

P.S. I seem to understand that 16 gbs is the maximum that I can use on the harddrive, but is that information correct? That really bums me out, because that would mean that I can't put movies/games (only 2 games and 3 movies, at maximum, if they're small) on there like I wished, since my XBox HDD is only around 16 gbs itself. If it's also possible to use around 100 gbs, that would be fantastic. Thanks to anyone who has help on the matter.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Sorry for late reply although it did work xbox suggest performance may differ from an xbox official Memmory stick although mine did work fine for me hope this helps.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks, I will try your solution later possibly. It is unfortunate I have to move my files, most of my hard drives at home don't have close to 100Gbs, except for my parents'. For a quick other question, did all the files still work after you copied them back over, did any games need reinstalling, were any dlls incompatible with FAT32, or anything like that? Thanks for the input and a quick reply.

Sorry this didn't help.

I assume you are using a portable drive so yes you can use 16Gb and that is the limit of what you can use but yes you can use this HDD for both although you will have to take off data and put it somewere for storage. Format the device then stick back your data into another folder and that worked for me if you cannot see the xbox folder on the pc then just view hidden files and that should work. may have to use USBxplorer i dont remeber into theat much.

Sorry this didn't help.