How Can I Gain Parental Control of an XBL Account?

Hi,

I'd like to know how can I gain parental control of an existing Xbox Live account? The story is I made an account for my 6 year-old son. At the time I didn't want to do the validation the console required once I input his correct birthdate. So; I fudged the answer and got his account created.

It wasn't until later that I realized I could have simply made a local account that wasn't connected to Xbox Live.

So; fast forward and I just created an account for my 4 year-old daughter. I did go through the proper channels and did the verification. I can see that her account is under my parental control from the Xbox console, but now I'd like to get my son's account in there as well.

I did some searching and found out that I can put his correct birthdate using http://account.live.com. So; I did and it ran me through a parental setup. Great! But when I log back into the Xbox console I don't see that I have any parental control on his account. I did remove his profile and settings, from the console, prior to updating his live account. Can this be fixed? Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Actually, once the date has been entered during the creation of the account it cannot be changed.  The only way to guarantee parental control is to purchase the family 4 pack of gold.  All accounts listed under the parental account are considered child accounts for the duration of the time they are part of the family pack and access to live content is restricted.

Other than that, your only option is to create a brand new account for your son.  Being 6, he might not mind that so much.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.