Want to designate an Xbox One console as your home Xbox? If so, you come to the right place!
Having your Xbox Once console set as you home Xbox will allow you to do the following:
- Share games and downloadable content purchased from the Microsoft Store with anyone who signs in on your console. You can also share games downloaded as part of a subscription.
- Share your Xbox Live Gold subscription with anyone who signs in on your console
The first time you sign in on an Xbox One console and save your password, that console will become your home Xbox. Keep in mind, you cannot designate more than one Xbox as your home Xbox. You can share purchased games and your Xbox Live Gold membership with other users only on your home Xbox.
How can I designate an Xbox One console as my home Xbox?
You can designate an Xbox One console as your home Xbox by completing the following steps:
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide
- Select System, then select Settings
- Select Personalization and then select My home Xbox
- Make sure to review the information and then choose Make this my home Xbox to designate the console as your home Xbox. From this step, you can also remove designation by selecting This is not my home Xbox
Keep in mind, when you change home consoles, all device licenses for digital content will move to your new home Xbox. You will not be able to access this content on your old "home" Xbox.
How many times can I change which console is my home Xbox?
You can change which console is your home Xbox console up to five times during a one-year period. To clarify, this period works on a rolling basis, starting the moment you change your home Xbox for the first time.
How will I know if I have reached my limit of home console changes?
If you reach your limit of home console changes for the year, you will receive a message letting you know the next available date you can change your home console.
Still have questions? Go ahead and create a new support post here on the Xbox One Console forum for community assistance.