How can I defrag internal hard disk?

After download a game and delete it for download others games, and download again the first for play one more time... Making this several times, I fear the hard disk will be fragmented, wich may cause system load speed down...

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 142 Applies to:
Answer

There is no defrag utility on the 360 and generally it is not needed. You can clear the System Cache which clears up most issues (which does perform some hard drive maintenance). If you feel your hard drive has become fragmented to such a degree that it is affecting performance and clearing the system cache does not help, then you can format your hard drive and reload your games, apps, and DLC. Make sure you backup all your game save files before doing this (on a USB drive) as the format will completely erase the hard drive.

-

I did have to reformat my drive once when Oblivion was running very slow, but this was many years ago and the hard drive was one of the original 20GB models. I'd only use this as a last resort as it can be a pain to reload all your content again, especially with the current hard drive sizes.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.