Hope for those in the UAI grapple

Hi everyone under the lockdown of the UAI,

I know some of you have been suspended for a lot longer than the projected 25 days, but to those who have just recently filed a UAI, I come bearing hope.

I was also a victim of the FIFA 12 hack and filed my UAI on Oct. 14th. I gave them every piece of information they asked for including my console ID, serial #, and an alternate email. I waited 10 days to call back and get a status, they said they didn't file my console ID and serial # correctly. So I gave them that info again and complained because my file was just sitting there for a week and a half (5 or 6 business days) with nothing being done and no one contacting me. The rep said he put a note on my case to escalate it since the investigations team never got ahold of me and nothing was being done with my case. I left them alone to do their work and called them up yesterday to get my weekly update. The rep said that there were still no notes and that they were still investigating. I was disappointed since I was hoping for some update after 14 business days. 

Well 6 hours after my phone call I got that email everyone has been waiting for saying that my investigation has come to a close and they have released my account along with giving me back time missed on XBLive and then some. 

Also my account was never migrated to another country, so that may be one reason I got it back quickly.

But I just wanted to come in here and give some people some hope of getting their accounts back this year, since almost thread has been 2, 3, or 4+ months and going.

It sucks, but just hang in there.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Thanks for that.  Just goes to show there is no logic behind how or when your case is looked at.  My account was not migrated and I was only after a refund of 2000 points.  I am a month in now.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

What was your total down time?

Sorry this didn't help.

Total down time was 20 days including weekends. I did have to file an escalations claim since they didn't refund me my 2000 points I had on my account before the hack. But that does NOT boot you off Live and I should hear back from that dept by Tuesday evening. The rep told me 72 business hours at the latest.

Sorry this didn't help.

Soooo to conclude.  You reported it to get your 2000 points back.  You waited 20 days to not get your points back and they they are spooling some duff that you dont need to be off live to get your points back.

Think somebody is telling stories here.... Can you post back if you do get your points back.

Sorry this didn't help.

I reported it to get a refund for the $50 that was charged to my account and for them to look into the UA. I got my account back along with a couple free months of Live. I am just waiting to hear back about the points that were on my account before hand.

If I don't get them back, I'm out all of $20. So it's not a huge deal right now. I'm just glad I'm able to get back on and play Gears 3 with my friends and with MW3 coming out next week, this is perfect timing.

Sorry this didn't help.

Cool.  Part of me wishes i just took the hit for the 2000 points so i can play online instead of waiting 1 month + for a 5 min job.

The other part says hold up why should I fund MS for something that been out of my control, so my live actually is up this month which wont be renewed and 4 games I would have picked up this month have not been bought.  I have also cancled the other live account we have in the house.

Its a small stand but it makes me feel better that they are not taking anymore of my cash I work hard for!

Sorry this didn't help.

This is the message MS is sending.  Let us keep the money or you are going to lose your account for up to five months.  There is absolutely no way in the world it takes 25 days to do this kind of investigation.  If it does, they need to fire their entire investigations team and hire me.  I could have all these cases cleared in 24 hours.

Sorry this didn't help.

it is not a 5min job

they have to check all server logs and account history and consult with the XBL PET team if there is violations of the terms of use and refer to the windows live team for account history windows live id

depending on the caseload  this can take hours and when they find time to get to your case

you have to remeber that there is over 30million xbox live users most of who do not have phished account problems even the few that do does take time off helping others

Sorry this didn't help.

And calling support to "check on the status" of your UA doesn't help either. The case gets absolutely NO updates to it on the support level, and support DOES NOT have the ability to contact the investigations team. They are as much of a mystery to support agents as they are to you! LOL I wish there was a different option, but as of now, you really DO have to just wait for that email to come once the investigation team is all finished.

To the OPP, congrats on getting your issue resolved!

Sorry this didn't help.

really cant be that hard to trace.  check console id vs my IP for recent purchases.  Check console id vs IP for fifa purchases.  Jobs done.

Oh and I can assure you that I was not phished which seems to be the stance of the support team when I speak to them which gets my back up even more.

Sorry this didn't help.