Home Theater

Anybody if this HOME THEATER will work for the xbox?

ONKYO SKS HTS540 7.1 CH BLACK HOME THEATER SPEAKER SYSTEM

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 10 Applies to:

All speaker systems will work, it just depends on the input/outputs available and to figure out which ones to use. I cannot find info on the I/Os for that speaker system. I did find the speaker though. Can you clarify the inputs/outputs on it? I'm assuming it has a Digital Audio input which in that case is your best bet.

[quote user="Hellhog"]

All speaker systems will work, it just depends on the input/outputs available and to figure out which ones to use. I cannot find info on the I/Os for that speaker system. I did find the speaker though. Can you clarify the inputs/outputs on it? I'm assuming it has a Digital Audio input which in that case is your best bet.

[/quote]

That's because there are no inputs or outputs. This is just a speaker package. The OP will also need a receiver or a pre/pro setup (although I couldn't see buying a pre/pro for a $300 speaker package). Then again, I can't see the point in HTiBs at all.

Usually a HTiB system has a receiver. Typically it is a built in reciever/DVD or bluray player. Most HTiB systems have a Digital Audio in. It is rare to find a HDMI input on them. Hence why a standalone receiver is better. Oh, now I see. It is just a complete speaker set. To the OP, as the above poster said, you will need a receiver that would connect all of the speakers. They don't run cheap either. You're better off buying a true HTiB system unless you have the money to start dropping on building your own home theater setup.