Hiya, I need help Regaining Access to an old Gamertag/Profile/Account that is connected to games that require said Gamertag to access on Xbox.

Hiya, unfortunately i have been unable to reset the Password for my old Gamertag/Profile <the console is password-locked for that tag> and the email the Gamertag/Profile is connected to is obsolete. I was hoping to switch the Gamertag/Profile to my new account, but i'm having trouble accessing the old account.

My first Xbox died of the red "C" which i understand to mean the console doesn't know why it quit working. When i was finally able to buy a new Xbox i had forgotten my contact info. I have the old Card the XboxLive Gold membership was paid for with. I also have the original console and its ID/Serial, possibly even the Receipt. I'm desperate to get this account back, many of the games i have on this account i cant get the upgrades for any more, and a few i need this account to access if i wish to use my Xbox to play them. I invested a lot of freetime into the games on that Gamertag and i would do almost anything to prove it is indeed mine and just get it back.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hello Lilliara FG,

You will need to follow the instructions below to change the e-mail from the obsolete e-mail to a new working Windows Live ID.

1. Click on this link.
2. Click on the third option:  I Think Someone Else is using my Windows Live ID.
3. Select Reset your Password option .
4. Enter the Windows Live account you are trying to recover. 
5. Enter the characters you see on the picture, and then tick on Next.
6. Click on Customer Support.
7. When a highlighted Customer support phrase appears, tick on it.
8. Re-enter the Windows Live account you are trying to recover.
9. Enter your alternate email address. ( Active email address that you have access to even if it's not associated with the account )
10. Click on Continue. 
11. Validate your identity by providing as much information as you can on the Recover your Windows Live account page then click on Continue to submit.
12. A page that says Your information has been submitted will appear, (just wait for the result of the account recovery request on your alternate email address)

Note: To pass the validation process, you will need to provide as much precise information as possible. The more accurate your information is, the more likely you are to pass validation.

This will essentially move your non working WLID to the new one that you'd like to be contacted on. This does require that you follow the instructions up top and fill in as much information as you can in the form that is sent to your alternate e-mail. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

The form should look something like this:

If your unable to fill in this information due to not knowing the e-mail address, you will need to contact XBOX Support and be able to answer their security questions that were on the account in order to gain help in regards to this situation. 

Sorry this didn't help.

I've tried to reset my password using the link provided many times, i'm hoping to speak with someone at Windows Live or Xbox Live that can help me more than this small questionnaire has. its been years since i used this account that its hard for me to remember all the data, and guessing too often causes me to get locked out for a while. Is there no way to contact Windows Live directly <i've been redirected back and forth from Windows to Xbox so many times its silly>

Sorry this didn't help.

Unfortunately in regards to getting an account e-mail changed you will need to go through that reset form. There is no other way around it.

Sorry this didn't help.

hi my account has been suspended so please i wanna know if i can get a another chance please i made a mistake when i change my name i put it CouqhDrop Bxtch and then DumbAxs Bxtch and ill change it i am so bored so please can you unsuspend my account i spend 3 years on xbox my account is suspend ended till 8/27/2012 so please may i get my account back i have nothing to do i just came back so please can i get another chance ill change it right away please

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello UncaringYew4057,

First, you're posting in the wrong forum, you'd want to post here. Second, if the account has already been permanently banned from XBOX Live they will not unban your account. They give you the first force name change to give you a chance to reform, if you change it again to something like that you've well, earned yourself a permanent ban.

Sorry this didn't help.

k but where do i go to put ask

Sorry this didn't help.

You'll need to select "New Post" which brings you to this link: forums.xbox.com/.../addpost.aspx

Sorry this didn't help.

I need help I'm tired of calling in trying to figure out what my father changed my password on my account to I just want my profile back I've purchased another xbox live subscription since he has moved out but then realized my old account was on his email is there another way to recover my profile because we were court ordered to not speak so I'm stuck be help??

Sorry this didn't help.

I need help I'm tired of calling in trying to figure out what my father changed my password on my account to I just want my profile back I've purchased another xbox live subscription since he has moved out but then realized my old account was on his email is there another way to recover my profile because we were court ordered to not speak so I'm stuck ne help??

Sorry this didn't help.