Hitman Absolution

Did anyone else see the walkthrough at Eurogamer last weekend?

It looks really good.

If you haven't seen anything on it take a look at this write up

http://thisismyjoystick.com/feature/developer-session-hitman-absolution/

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Sounds aces, thanks for posting that.

Nice post, cheers.

Thats a really good read, cheers for sharing. I absolutely adore the Hitman series and my gaming career is littered with Hitman specific milestones!

Sounds very linear and action driven. I liked the multi-branched gameplay and the sprawling maps of the old games so I hope I'm wrong. I just don't think a Hitman game should be about 'bullets flying'. If you're squeezing the trigger at all you're doing it wrong.

[quote user="zfair899"]

I just don't think a Hitman game should be about 'bullets flying'. If you're squeezing the trigger at all you're doing it wrong.

[/quote]Nail on head sir. Ive never understood why there is such an array of weapons in 47's locker with lots of attachments & upgrades. Just gimme an extra mine & faster lockpicking! Im guessing IO's producer just wanted to showcase all of the in game improvements, even if he did go about the contract in the wrong way!

[quote user="zfair899"]Sounds very linear and action driven.[/quote]

The level they're talking about does. I'm hoping there's going to be a lot more to it, room for both I reckon, nothing wrong with a touch of action as long as it's not the main focus. All gaems need balance.

I'm hoping that it's just that one level. Blood Money's opening was extremely linear and had action but I thought it was a fantastic tutorial section before the real game begun. I wish more devs made their tutorials so fun to play.

-

I disagree that Hitman needs more of an emphasis on action though. Whole point of the original series was to be as subtle as possible. There should be a penalty (as there was in Blood Money) for killing, even if it's just one person. If people want to kill then fine but the decision to kill innocents (because that's what they are) shouldn't come lightly to 47.

[quote user="zfair899"]I'm hoping that it's just that one level. Blood Money's opening was extremely linear and had action but I thought it was a fantastic tutorial section before the real game begun. I wish more devs made their tutorials so fun to play.[/quote]

Yeah that was tops, reading through that dev session demo writeup it certainly reminded me of the intro to H:BM, let's hope that's the case.

[quote user="zfair899"]I disagree that Hitman needs more of an emphasis on action though.[/quote]

I'm not suggesting the focus should be on action at all, just one or two sequences to further emphasize the standard, stealthy gameplay (which is definitely what 90% of the game should be about).

In related news; Drugging the donuts in the suburban level on H:BM is prolly one of my favourite gaming memories evar. I was all like "Lol imagine if you could drug the donu...ZOMG YOU CAN!"

Would be great if they did some really intricate and tricky to set up "accidents" in Absolution too.

The best accident is surely swapping the prop WW2 pistol for a REAL WW2 Pistol in the opera house!

Magician into the shark tank?!