Hijacked GamerTag

Here is my dilemma:

July 11,2011 I receive an email stating that my attached credit card had made a purchase of 4000 Microsoft Points.

I certainly didn't make the purchase and no one else in my house did.  I turn my XBox 360 on to attempt to see what is going on.  I was unable to log into my GamerTag.  I immediately called support services and opened up a ticket and locked down my account.  They opened a ticket to recover my GamerTag as the hijacker had "traded" it with a randomly generated GamerTag to my LIVE account.  I was informed that the ticket will be resolved in 25 business days.  Ticket was resolved and an email was dispatched to an alternate email address (one that is not your LIVE account) that the support representative will input into the ticket; the email address was "fat fingered" and was COMPLETELY off.  But I was refunded the money to my bank account for the Microsoft Points.

I called back once not receiving the email and was informed that nothing could be done since the ticket had already been resolved and the email had been dispatched.  The representative on the line suggested that we open another ticket with the CORRECT email address; I verified with the representative 3 times to make sure it was correct this time.  This was in early August, it would take another 25 business days.

September 7, 2011: Once again, not receiving an email I call the support line to check the status of the SECOND ticket that had been opened.  I was informed that the ticket was CLOSED because it was a "duplicate" ticket.  I was also informed that anymore information other than "we can re-escalate the ticket" could be disclosed because of account security is their priority.  By "re-escalating" the ticket means, I get a new ticket number and I have to wait 25 more business days for a resolution.

So I created this dummy account for the time being to post on the forums because my GamerTag had been hijacked and is no longer accessible to me and has been locked.  My question is this: is there some kind of disconnect somewhere?  The first ticket had been resolved favoring that the account IS mine and the GamerTag IS mine.  There have been logs with XBox serial numbers, IP addresses, LIVE accounts, purchases, ect.  What exactly takes 3 months to resolve something that had been already resolved?  I'm confused as why every time I call XBox Live Support I always get a robot sounding representative who seems to be reading a script.  Why doesn't anyone have their own brain and stop following SOP?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Phone Xbox Support as soon as possible and get them to open an Unauthorised Access Claim.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey there! Can you provide me the GT of the account in question, as well as the SR#s for your multiple calls? Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

1-800-4-MY-XBOX. Which is Xbox Customer Support.

Sorry this didn't help.

I already did.  They were no help.  Please read my post before posting an answer.

GamerTag Hijacked: squ34k

SR#1: 1157783992

SR#2: 1159029152

SR#3: 1161395035

Sorry this didn't help.

Sara: OK, I checked into these and there does appear to be an open, current investigation order right now to send you the info to the proper email address. If you'd like to confirm with me what email address you want this info sent to, I'll make sure it matches. Just PM me (envelope icon below) your email address (nothing else) and I'll let you know if it matches. Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

Okay, ran into the same problem I had from the first ticket...  The person who put the ticket in just copied the first ticket.  Everything was write except the email address provided for the "callback" reset email was wrong once again.  I've called numerous times making sure that they used the right one.

Sorry this didn't help.

Sara: I'm sorry to hear that. Did you ever PM me the email address for me to confirm it? I don't recall seeing the PM. If you can do that for me, I can ensure that the email is correct. Do you have another SR ticket right now for this as well? If not, please call in to request the information again. Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.