High packet loss

I Keep getting a high packet loss when testing my multiplayer connection on my xbox one. i have a detailed network statistic that reads,

DLspeed:16.35mbps

ULspeed:10.61mbps

DLPL:0%

UPPL:20%

MTU:1480

LATENCY:83ms

This network statistic varies after repeatedly checking over and over i have got two good readings with 0% upload packet loss but I saw that my download and upload speed had dramatically decreased. I went through all xbox support troubleshooting steps and even called my ISP(cox) they said everything looked fine although I do have a work order for them to come out and check everything thoroughly. Any info would be appreciated, Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 142 Applies to:

I am in Henderson, NV and I also have Cox. I spent 3 hours online today with tech support. We tried everything under the sun. Moved the modem to a different room. Same result. Tried wired connection, same result. Tried my Belkin router, same result. When I run Pingtest or Speed test I never get bad results and am always at 0%UPPL on my PC. I have 2 Xbox 360s and a PS3, no connection issues. Yet on the Xbox one even with port 3074 open and using UpnP enabled I consistently get these results when doing a detailed connection test on the Xbox One.

DL Speed average 18 mbps

UL Speed average   7 mbps

DLPL average 0%

UPPL always between 7-25% packet loss, average is about 17% highest I've seen it is 33%

Latency average 33ms.

The technician recommended a new cable modem/router. The one Cox provided is a Cisco DPQ3925

I have had issues since day one of purchase which was on 1 January 2014.

I am going to take my XOne to my brothers house tomorrow to test it there. If I get the same results I will contact Cox and ask for a Netgear or Motarola modem. If that does not fix the issue, I will submit a ticket to send it in for repair or replacement.

What modem are you using? I honestly believe that wired or wireless makes no difference at least not in the tests I've conducted. From what I have read on forums there is a large portion of Xone users who are having this issue. My gut is telling me it is a hardware issue with the Xones network card. Many who have gotten a new system have stated the issue has been resolved. Not a single forum has stated that any of the so called fixes have worked. It may not be a RRoD but when 99% of your gaming is done online, it is an issue that breaks the gaming experience. I hope you have better luck. Let us know.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

guys you need to get your isp to run a trace to find out were the packet loss is happening, to see if the loss is in there network or xbox network , I had this problem since x1 was launched , and in my opinion Microsoft Were very clever with there diagnostic tool on x1 to prove most peoples problems were service providers faults and not there's .it took a lot of doing but finally got my isp to do a trace which took them 2 minutes they just have to remotely access your pc to do this. My fault was found in there network and they are currently working to fix this .  KEEP ON TO YOUR ISP AND PUSH FOR A TRACE . I PRITTY SURE   THEY WILL FIND A FAULT IN THERE NETWORK . HOPE THIS HELPS AND GOOD LUCK

Sorry this didn't help.

DLspeed:28.83 mbps

ULspeed:5.69 mbps

Packet loss of 100%

MTU:1480

An nothing showing on latency....

SMH

Sorry this didn't help.

ditto for 100% today. no clue what happened.

Sorry this didn't help.

DLspeed: 61.16 Mbit/s

ULspeed: 2.25 Mbit/s

Packet Loss: 100%

MTU: 1480

HELP ? :(

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there guys :)

There is currently a service alert up. The tech team working to resolve the issue and once they do, you should be able to connect with no issue. Please see the following page for more information and updates regarding the problem.

support.xbox.com/xbox-live-status

If you have further issues or questions, please create your own threads and air you concerns and problems there. Users are encouraged to create their own threads so that the focus of support can be directed at the author.

I hope this helps.

Many thanks,

Cloud

Sorry this didn't help.

Had 0 to 1% yesterday 100% today what's going on with live today you ask maybe the huge layoffs that's about to happen today and someone wants to think they are needed.  I think they should be the first to go.

Sorry this didn't help.