Hi there! If you are still waiting to download Windows 10 on your PC look here

First make sure you have reserved your download by clicking the windows icon in the task bar in the lower right corner. Also make sure that your PC/tablet is set to receive updates automatically from Microsoft. Once you are all set you need to open up command prompt with administrative privileges and paste in this command: wuauclt.exe/updatenow and hit enter. Windows 10 should now be downloading in the background. Enjoy! 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 23 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

If its of interest to anyone, I ummed and ahhed about home versus pro, and decided to look at how much a Windows 8.1 pro licence was (to upgrade me from 8.1 to 8.1 pro.  I found this link today for £29.99 - Thats £70 cheaper than via Microsoft.  Ordered it and it came with an hour and worked instantly, so now downloading windows 10 pro :-)

it-solutions-uk.com/.../ms19049999

Skridger...... Just do the upgrade from the ISO you downloaded, but take your time as there is a screen that gives you the option of keeping all your files or deleting them. Docs, Pics, Music etc. And install it from within windows, that is just click the setup file but not from a clean boot.

This is what I had to do because the windows update failed 16 times despite the many work-arounds.

Yep according to tech support Cortana is having problems in the UK

Works fine for me in the uk...

You tried updating?

Iv installed windows 10 but i cant use Cortana keeps telling me it isnt in my region yet. But if i go on the website it says its in the UK which is where i live

Question for you fine folks. I didn't have much luck getting the install done through windows update. (Keeps failing) So I downloaded the ISO. My question is, where do I get my Windows 10 install key? I'm sure I will need that if I do a fresh install. Or, do I have to put the DVD in and do an upgrade install to get the key before I can do a clean install?

That's not great but not terrible either, how many programs do you have set to run at start-up?

Last bios time 11.9 seconds.

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

You also might want to check what's happening at start-up, see what your last BIOS time is, might point out anything weird.

I will try that.

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360