Hey, just wondering when my Xbox Live account will be available again.

2 months ago my Xbox live account was stolen. My subscription was transferred to somewhere in Russia, and all my Microsoft points were spent on map packs for a game I don't own, and I've never played. I reported it immediately, and I was told that the account investigations team would look into it. The representative I spoke with assured me I would receive a free month to compensate for the incident, and my account would be restored to pre-hijack condition within 20 days. After about 30 days without hearing from anyone, I received a notice that the investigation had been escalated, and that it would take an unspecified amount of time longer for the issue to be resolved. It has been 28 days since then with no further news, and occasionally I'm still receiving emails in Russian about all the new things going on with Live. I'm just a little confused now. Can you make a guess as to how much longer it's going to be? Why is everything still in Russian? Why are the reapers so damn evil? Anyways, thanks for your time.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

Everything is in Russian because your account is still Russian. You will need to contact phone support about your investigation, but it sounds like they don't have a time estimate for you. Please be patient while they investigate your account. Thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Contrary to what Support told you, it is almost certain that they will not be able to migrate your account from Russia to whatever it was before. (Just to prepare you for that disappointment.)

I guess that's a real problem with account hijackings now that migration is available for only a few countries-- some stolen accounts are getting migrated, and none can be reverted. Pick strong passwords, folks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.