heres a story about my broken mess

heres the whole story, be patient :p

k, so my old box's gpu burned out, np i said, ill buy a new one, the slims are hawt ill git one of those

best buy had a good price, so i got 2 of em, one for the living room and one for teh bedroom

didnt give much of a crap about all my saves, so ill transfer that mess later when i get an old model that works so i can transfer from hdd

living room setup went great, got my recover profile and achievements np

played a little madden, setting up rosters and whatnot, all good

went to bedroom and set that unit up, same way, recovered all fine, did the same thing again since i wasnt about to swap out hard drives for a roster

now i decide to watch some netflix shizzle, DLed the app and all was well

the next blooming day, im back in the living room, played some lego star wars and was very happy i didnt have to move the one box about the house anymore

now the problems begin, and until this point everything has been beachy keen, cause beaches are better than peaches

i turned off the living room unit, and went to the bedroom, simply because my bed is more comfortable than teh couch, so i could lay back and watch more netflix

"xbox live id is invalid"  **** i shouted, hoping it would hear me, but to no avail, so i recovered profile again, afterwards no problem, watched all kinds of shows it was great

turned it off after a while, went to the store, and came back. About an hour in between. turned on living room unit for some call of duty..... same error as before on the other unit >_<

So i recovered again as i did on other unit, then it works fine :/

fast forward a few days and several log in attempts per unit

and heres some actually useful information to add to this unnecessarily long story: both units are on the same network, in the same house, about 40 feet from each other, and in network check they know each other exists

now for the point to all this nonsense, and i understand i cant be logged in to two places at the same time without destroying the time-space continuum so i made sure not to be

Why cant i log in to each xbox with the same live account without getting errors and recovering on each unit every single time?
they are both registered online to the same email and password, the profile is of course identical

I want this log in error to end and be able to move from room to room seamlessly, just as much as the poor soul who read all of this wants my typing to end.

What must I do? For the love of technology, What must I do?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Either:

A) Store the Gamertag on an external drive (in the case of the 360S, a USB stick) and take it with you from room to room.

B) Keep recovering your gamertag each time

It happens regardless of where the two xboxes are. They can be in the same network, or in other countries, it makes no difference.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

awws, blasted microsoft anyway >_<

ty for answer tho <3

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.