Help...I think ive just ruined my sons account???

My son has played XBox live Gold for over a year and his membership ran out last weekend and was obviously up for renewal. I think the easiest option would of been to go to a shop and purchase 12 months membersip and just enter the redemption code...However, tonight ive logged onto my account and purchased 12 months membership but I think ive just created a new account as the site generated a new username. My son is upset cos he thinks hes going to lose all his saved data for his existing username. What do I do now because the new 12 months membership is registered to the newly generated username...Is there a way that I can enter the new details and recover his old account and saved data???

Thanks in anticipation

Richard

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

All you really did was make a new gamertag and your son sill has his account with nothing being deleted. I don't know if you can call and get them to transfer it, but it cannot hurt to ask.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

If you purchased a twelve month subscription, you have a grace period of 30 days to cancel it and receive a refund.

What you have done, is signed into the website using the incorrect e-mail address for his account.

To remedy this, you will need to contact support with the details of the incorrect account. Cancel and get refunded.

Then sign in to your sons account on the console. On the dashboard, go to the channel called "My Xbox". Scroll to the second tile on that channel where it displays the avatar. Pressing A on that tile will populate an option called "Account Management". In there you will find all the details relating to yours sons account.

In this particular case I would recomment looking for any subscription offers in the Xbox Dashboard Channel called "Spotlight".

Sorry this didn't help.

OP: Are you referring to the account you are on right now? It is showing as a Free account.

When you buy LIVE time, it is automatically attributed to the account that is signed in. If you want to buy time for your son, you need to be logged in to his account. Always make sure to take your time when purchasing on the console.

Sorry this didn't help.

I believe that the 12 month subscription 30 day grace period only refers to subscriptions bought with a credit/debit card and not prepaid subscription cards.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there.

Your best bet is to contact the xbox support line for your region and see what they can do for you. Unfortunately it is highly unlikely that you will receive a refund as this is "user error" rather than Microsoft being at fault here. There is no way to transfer the remaining Gold time, so if support are unable to help you then the only options you have would be to let your son have this account, or go out and buy another subscription card.

One thing I would like to pick up on though. You stated above that his account was up for renewal, does this mean you have previously purchase a subscription on his account with a credit/debit card? If so then his account will automatically renew, even if you do not have available funds. So if this is the case then you need to contact the xbox support line in order to deactivate the auto renewal feature which will stop your card from being charged and furthermore your son's account will not be suspended.

I hope this helps.

Sorry this didn't help.

Make sure you call ASAP, it's possible they can help you with redeeming the prepaid code on the wrong account

Sorry this didn't help.

Hopefully support can help you, but your son should be grateful you paid for his subscription in the first place.  It's not the end of the world if he has to start a new username.

Sorry this didn't help.