Help

Xbox support, How do I deactivate my xbox live free account from my email, so I can transfer a different account onto the email. I made the account I'm trying to delete, by accident.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hey can you have a look at this link support.xbox.com/.../switch-gamertag-to-different-microsoft-account This gives you a step by step guide on how switch around your gamertags

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Just wanted to add on to x24's post, I helped my wife do this, please note that the email you switch to must have been active for a set amount of time.

Sorry this didn't help.

@White:   Actually that's a common misconception.  The email you're switching to can be brand new.  But the account you're switching from needs to have gone 30 days without recent password resets, profile downloads, and other significant account changes that don't immediately come to mind.  When you try to change your Microsoft Account, if it says it can't be changed at this time, then some significant change happened on the old account within the past 30 days, and you may need to wait that amount of time before you can complete the steps.  They did this to make sure that someone doesn't reset your password and download your profile and move your stuff onto some other account they've had waiting.

Sorry this didn't help.