Help

Well i need some help i dont wanna get console banned or banned For lincence transfering Because i know thath my firends s using it to get free games and dlcs. So i wonder how do i lincence transfer without getting banned because my cousing is gonna com over and stay for some months. But he dosent bring his console because the adaoter is wierd hes from uk so he wants to lincence transfer his account to my console so he can play his dlcs should i let him do thath. And sorry for any msispelling or any wrong meant thing im currently typing this on a phone and its hard Thanks in advance. More info. I lincence transfer 3 times i lincence transfered with 2 accounts thath i dint meant to Vand the third my old account

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

Hey there.

You should probably avoid the whole license transfer all together.

You say he is in the U.K so if he has a different power supply...I will guess you are in North America.

Anyways, over the last 2 years a bunch of global policies have been in place when it comes to Digital Media...and you probably seen tons of post about this on the forums lately too.

With him being in the U.K, his gamertag is more than likely a U.K account too. When he comes over he will be able to recover his account to your console, play your games and even unlock some achievements.

Another thing to note is that he will be using a U.K account in North America (the console will know this instantly) and this would give him access to his default Market Place. So even if he has purchased content, the chances are very high that he would receive an error when trying to redownload those items...and if he doesnt get an error while downloading, the error might pop up when you try to launch the game. Since a lot of the regional laws are different, XBL would monitor your I.P address to make sure it matches the accounts region.

So not only would you have you done a Transfer for nothing, you would have also used up your transfer for the allotted timed...so if something were to happen to your console and you need to perform a License Transfer onto you new console, you would have to wait 6 months or more before you are able to do so again.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks but iam from uk i moved to sweden well thanks   But one question.    As soon as i like change the region of my profile i got 2 games and 1 dlc for each game for some reason please explain why

Sorry this didn't help.

And i use my own console he dosent bring his because the adapter is uk.   And is there anyway to lincence transfer without getting banned.     Because he says thath its alllowed and no risk getting banned if i just dont lincence transfer with a friend can u explain how thath works because i have his account as friend and my other friends to so what happends if i lincence transfer withhis account dosent thath count as abusing it because a cousin is ky firend on xbox

Sorry this didn't help.

The license transfer will not get you banned.  It's people who abuse the system to illegally gain access to unpurchased content that get banned.  So all other issues aside if your cousin is going to be staying by you for 4+ months feel free to do a license transfer.  If it's a shorter duration then s/he won't be able to transfer the license back to his/her home console when s/he goes back to their home.

However, as was explained earlier his/her Microsoft account will be acknowledged as being from the UK and there may be some unexpected issues when downloading UK content to a console with a Swiss IP address.  The UK account could change it's region to Sweden--Microsoft imposes a limitation of one migration every 3 months--that may help out with certain license issues too but there still would be not guarantee since you're moving everything to a different country.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks very much iam gonna read more about lincence transfer i might do it but thanks.  Have good day/night

Sorry this didn't help.

If you are using the transfer because you are replacing your own console, that's fine.

If you are using the transfer to make content usable for your friend and his console, then you can get banned for even one. That is illegal file sharing.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thath is whath i thought. So thanks

Sorry this didn't help.