HELP

My date of birth is set to 13 when it is 18

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

No way to change it once you have created an account.

It will stay a child account usually intil the age of 18, then it will revert to an adult account. There is no way to change the birthdate already set and is permanently blocked . You will have to wait it out.

[quote user="x24hrs2livex"] No way to change it once you have created an account. [/quote]

Actually this is wrong. You CAN change the birth date on a Microsoft Account.

There are various different ways to do this - CHANGE YOUR BIRTH DATE

[quote user="Auswolf7"] It will stay a child account usually intil the age of 18, then it will revert to an adult account. There is no way to change the birthdate already set and is permanently blocked . You will have to wait it out. [/quote]

Actually this is wrong. You CAN change the birth date on a Microsoft Account.

There are various different ways to do this - CHANGE YOUR BIRTH DATE

Not on a child account you can`t,only an adult one.

-

He looks like he wants to promote the account age from 13 to 18 ,rather than change the day from the 13th to the 18th.

-

My guess is this kids parents have put the right birthday in and he is trying to set it to 18 to get round restrictions.

[quote user="THEOWENKILLER"] Not on a child account you can`t,only an adult one.

-

He looks like he wants to promote the account age from 13 to 18 ,rather than change the day from the 13th to the 18th.

-

My guess is this kids parents have put the right birthday in and he is trying to set it to 18 to get round restrictions. [/quote]

You can change the birth date on a child's account, but it has to be the parent account that does it that's all.

If the dates wrong and he's an adult he can do it himself using the link I provided.

If he's a child and he wants access to 18 rated material then he needs to go and ask his parents.

How did you get to level 10 in the ambassador program? Honestly? Once you creat an account the date of birth cannot be changed. You can change your personal info at http://account.live.com but it doesnt actually change the birth date you entered when creating your account. Ask any ambassador who has been around a while, and they will tell you the same. And your link doesnt work.

^^^^^  Indeed, you have to be at least 15 to join the ambassadors program so,  one could conclude  DOB is the issue,   not the age. ( the OP is in the program)    5 days apart doesn't really make much of a difference.  

[quote user="BongKaos"]

^^^^^  Indeed, you have to be at least 15 to join the ambassadors program so,  one could conclude  DOB is the issue,   not the age. ( the OP is in the program)    5 days apart doesn't really make much of a difference.  

[/quote]

Isn`t it 13 to be an ambassador?

I could be wrong .......    The first link given by daddy does show steps to change the DOB on a Microsoft account.