Help

So about a week ago, my Xbox 360 Kinect S showed "Error Code 68" on the screen and later I learnt that it was a problem with the hard drive. So i figured i'd just download my profile to a memory unit, and play my game's story and work on my character build. After I downloaded it a note appeared on the screen that advised me that i use proper devices for Xbox like another hard drive. So i signed to my profile onto Xbox Live, I went ahead and put in Dark Souls. When i got to the main menu, it said "New Game" where it should have said "Load Game" and my characters name. Now my old character is gone, somewhere. Everything is gone, my weapons/shields/armor/Artorias of the Abyss DLC everything. When i put in Modern Warfare 2 my rank was back all the way down to level 1 from 10th prestige level 70. So I figure i can be a noob for abit until i figure out how to fix everything, but i was wondering, If i buy a new Xbox Hard Drive for Kinect S and download my profile onto the new hard drive, will my old Dark Souls character/Weapons/DLC everything be back? Along with my rightful rank on MW2?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hey there Dargor! Things like your Dark Souls save, etc are all saved to your hard drive. If your hard drive failed without having a backup, then I'm sorry to say that information is lost. When you download your profile to a new device, you only download things like your Gamerscore, Rep, etc. No game saves are tied to the profile download.

So to answer your question, if you were to buy a new hard drive and download your profile to it, your old Dark Souls character would not be on it. However, you would be able to redownload the DLC from your Download History, it would just be missing your previous progress.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.