Help with setting up 2 xbox's with open NAT on a (complex?) network?

Ok, I had a open NAT all the time when I was using my old Linksys wrt54g router just for my Xbox. My brother recently also got a brand new Xbox with Live, so we got a Linksys E2000 series router to support his wireless connection. It sounded good, until I started having problems with my NAT. To make matters worse, my parents decided to drop Verizon and go with Vonage, so now we have a Router, a Modem, and a Vonage box that probably doesn't help matters.

I've read multiple forums telling me all sorts of different steps and procedures on how to do it right, and some of them worked halfway, with my Xbox having a open NAT SOME of the time. But now, I can't even connect to some of my friends lobbies or party chats (I'm guessing because I'm on a strict NAT), which results to me having to go and unplug my modem and router to reset the connection anytime I want to do anything with anyone (but my NAT still only opens to Moderate)...If someone could offer some help, I'd be really REALLY grateful.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Hi, the E2000 was certified to work with multiple Xboxes with an Open NAT:-

support.xbox.com/.../network-hardware-compatible-xbox-live

But only with firmware version 1.0.01.007 which you can no longer download.

I'm not sure where you Vonage box physically plugs in?

Try removing any port forwarding and dmz set-up and set your Xboxes ip address to auto and enabled UPnP then restart everything and see if that works (UPnP is the only real way to get this work) if that doesn't work don't think you'll achieve it on that router not using Linksys firmware anyway. DD-WRT (3rd party firmware) works with multiple Xboxes its available for the E2000 if you fancy a dabble and  don't want to buy another router.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

So let's say I download this firmware version 1.0.01.007 from another website.

My router should be able to revert back to this version since I'm using Firmware Version: 1.0.04, right? If it installs fine, then I reset everything and turn on UPnP, everything should be good?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes in theory (if you can find it) although I will say though I know of at least another 3 Linksys routers that are supposed to support multiple Xboxes with an Open NAT but don't even though they are on the certified list running the certified firmware. So I'd say its no guarantee but... on paper it should work yes

Sorry this didn't help.