Help with lag

In the past month I have begun to lag ridiculously even though none of my settings have changed. It's on every game and it's to the point where I can't play online because I lag so badly that games kick me and even if they don't I can't do anything anyway. I can't even talk to my friends because the chat lags as well.

I am using a wireless adapter and my connection is all four bars. On top of that everything on xbox live is very fast. I can download games and videos very fast and stream things on netflix flawlessly. The only issue is when I encounter other people either on a game or in a chat.

My NAT type is open and I have port forwarding set up for all of the ports that microsoft recommends. I also play late at night which is a time when no one else in my house is on the internet and the time when it seems to be the fastest.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1415817777.png

That's a speed test I did and from what I've heard that should be far beyond what I need to play on xbox live. I think I covered pretty much everything so my question was if anyone knows why I get this ridiculous lag?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Hey mate, that speedtest does look sufficient for gaming online. Have you tried contacting your ISP about the issue, to see if they may have any insight to offer? Also, please take a few minutes to answer the questions listed here, as it will give the community a better idea of your setup, and therefore a better idea of the issue.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.