Help with Gears of War 3 online DLC

Evening all, I need some help. I've recently purchased and downloaded the map packs for GOW3 but I hardly evere get the chance to play them. Every time I choose a game on any playlist, it always puts me in a game on one of the standard maps. After spending 1600 MS points on additional maps and not actually having th chance to play them feels like a complete waste of money. Anyone got any tips to increase my chances of playing on these add-on maps without doing a private match?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

They do come up every so often just have to be patient

I've had the Forces of Nature pack for about 2 weeks and have only played on a couple of the new maps once. It's ridiculous

Why complain about it? Without the DLC you get player hosted servers. With all the map pack DLC you get dedicated servers.

I'd rather get to play on the maps that I've purchased mate

They're pretty much ok but with player hosted servers they're horrible. The game is horribly unaccurate. You need the DLC just for proper matches without someone having a terrible connection to lag everyone else.

I`ve not played gears 3 for awhile, but im pretty sure there are playlists just for the dlc(guardian ect).

You need to play in the Forces of Nature playlist for them to constantly rotate the DLC maps. They've changed all of the gametypes around though, there used to be a lot more in that playlist but they removed some. On the regular playlist I think it then depends on if everyone within the game has the DLC.

I can't really remember if that's exactly how it is, I think it is, though.

What he said lol

You must have been quite unlucky, I find that the dlc maps come up quite a lot.

Maybe I get more than my fair share but Jacinto, aftermath, cove, clocktower

On a totally unrelated note, I wish they had remade Fuel Depot as a playable map, the big ones like Artillery are nice and all... but they're too big really for a 5v5 game.