Help with family sharing of games

Hello,

I currently have an XBox Live Gold membership. The other 3 members of the family have non-Live accounts on the 360.  

1.  Is there any way to share purchased arcade games with my family members without having to buy 4 XBox Live Gold accounts PLUS purchase those same games for the 4 separate accounts?  I am talking about games like:

• Alan Wake (full game download version)
  • Alien Hominid 
  • Limbo
  • Assassin's Creed (full game download version)
  • Plants vs. Zombies
  • etc...above are just some examples.

2.  Of course, I can login to my own Gold account and let them play the purchased games while logged in as myself.  However, in doing it this way the game achievements are unlocked for my own account and not kept separate between players.

Is the solution a Gold Family Account?  Will this keep achievements separate between players and provide 4 separate logins?  Will it allow my kids to play the games under their accounts that I have already downloaded and purchased under my primary account?  Will it store achievements separately?

Thanks for any help on this!

As long as all of the profiles are playing on the same console you should be able to share the content. If you have ever switched console you will need to do a license transfer to allow the other profiles to be able to share the content. http;//xbox.com/drm

Sharing content is a licensing issue so purchasing a family plan would not change anything.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated August 18, 2021 Views 67 Applies to: